Missing vac components? P0171 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rhodescreations.com
My new '99 LX470 threw a CEL code P0171. I looked up common fixes, then while waiting for the PCV valve and ignition boots to arrive it went away... then came back.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I just swapped the PCV valve which looked pretty bad and noticed something was missing on top of the engine. What is missing?

Also looks like a vac line is missing in another location...

IMG_20181108_110009.jpg

Yours is there lying just below other. Cant see end in your picture.
Engine before washing 11-9-13 (4).jpg

001.JPG

Sometimes those little bug/dust suppressor are missing. Dealer parts department may be able to order. Or get one from a parts/salvage rig
Engine before washing 11-9-13 (19)c.jpg

Usually good idea to replace that rubber grommet PN# 90480-18001 with those 98-02 year PCV valves.
003.JPG

Thanks. I swapped the grommet as well. It was toast. Located the line hidden under the other and reconnected, cleared code... for now. Going for a drive to see if it returns, then I'll clean the MAF and swap the air filter. Cheers.

Tip: Disconnect battery to start your air filter & MAF cleaning. Then clean and grease battery post and reconnect last thing. Disconnecting battery for 30 minutes is key, as this reset ECU.

I disconnected the battery to reset the CEL but only for a few minutes. All seems to be functioning properly right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom