Missing Disc Brake Anti-Rattle Clip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RJH

Threads
Howdy,

I put on some 100 series brake pads and noticed that the anti-rattle clip was missing.

Here is a video of the sound:

I can hear it at any speed and it slows down/speeds up depending on how fast I am going. It is impossible to tell what area of the vehicle it is coming from.

I'm getting into a knuckle rebuild and replacing my rotors this weekend and sadly won't have this replacement clip by then. I'll order one of these, but won't get it for at least a week or so. Is this piece crucial to my brakes operating correctly? I've driven a thousand miles without it and can stop just fine, but don't want something to rattle loose.

These?
15870777104735896963977147783210.jpg

Could send them tomorrow if ya want. I don't need em

These?

I believe it is part number 04947-60090. (0494760090 Genuine Toyota FITTING KIT, DISC BRAKE, FRONT 04947-60090 | eBay)

After making this post, I went for a drive and the noise got worse until it was horrible. I took both front tires off to see if I could find out what the noise was (it went from clicking to the sound of death) and the passenger side bracket was bent to hell and fell off. This explains why I had this sound about 1000 miles ago and it went away after a while. I suspect that noise was my driver side bracket and it eventually fell out at some point and I didn't notice, because whenever the passenger side bracket was removed, the noise went away. I must have installed it incorrectly (I only re-installed the passenger side, the driver was already gone whenever I got to looking.)

I appreciate the offer, but I don't think that is the same piece.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 8.32.48 PM.png

My passenger side came off shortly after my first brake job. I pulled it apart and redid it, and it has been okay since. I re-installed it and convinced myself I must have done something wrong as it seemed like it would be pretty difficult to just fall out like it did. I think rotating the pins to install the wire clip worked it a little loose and I didn't notice.
The noise was a very erratic "ting a tinky tink ting" rolling slow.

Reactions: RJH
My passenger side came off shortly after my first brake job. I pulled it apart and redid it, and it has been okay since. I re-installed it and convinced myself I must have done something wrong as it seemed like it would be pretty difficult to just fall out like it did. I think rotating the pins to install the wire clip worked it a little loose and I didn't notice.
The noise was a very erratic "ting a tinky tink ting" rolling slow.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I'll have to watch a video on how to properly install it when I rebuild my knuckles.

oh those. reused my old ones so don't have extras

These?View attachment 2275061

After recently redoing a complete brake overhaul front and rear, I believe those are for the rear brakes as seen in my picture here.
BF7A165F-BF94-4A9E-9DE1-10DB99FFFCF8.jpeg

I believe it is part number 04947-60090. (0494760090 Genuine Toyota FITTING KIT, DISC BRAKE, FRONT 04947-60090 | eBay)

After making this post, I went for a drive and the noise got worse until it was horrible. I took both front tires off to see if I could find out what the noise was (it went from clicking to the sound of death) and the passenger side bracket was bent to hell and fell off. This explains why I had this sound about 1000 miles ago and it went away after a while. I suspect that noise was my driver side bracket and it eventually fell out at some point and I didn't notice, because whenever the passenger side bracket was removed, the noise went away. I must have installed it incorrectly (I only re-installed the passenger side, the driver was already gone whenever I got to looking.)

I appreciate the offer, but I don't think that is the same piece.

View attachment 2275343

that piece goes on the front calipers like so...except I think I may have installed this one upside down. I’m not sure if it really matters though
AA7D59D6-E960-436C-B5E9-5EF070BAC740.jpeg

I received all these parts with the calipers I ordered. Have you checked with a local auto parts store to see if they have one in stock?

Sadly, all the local places don't have them in stock.

Any reason why I shouldn't continue to drive without them for a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom