Misfire when accelerating at low RPM, idle and high RPM is clear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This just started last night. I got off the highway and started misfiring badly. CEL came on a while after the problem began. Idle is not rough, high RPMs are fine. Really bad stumble when going around corners and going uphill.

Injectors were replaced with Bosch last fall. Spark plugs and NGK wiring were replaced too. I had rough idle and misfiring last fall.

My distributor has a new cap but was seeping oil last summer. Could that be the culprit? I know my engine harness is also dried out and it could be a short.

Any pointers towards the right direction would be great. Thanks!

This just started last night. I got off the highway and started misfiring badly. CEL came on a while after the problem began. Idle is not rough, high RPMs are fine. Really bad stumble when going around corners and going uphill.

Injectors were replaced with Bosch last fall. Spark plugs and NGK wiring were replaced too. I had rough idle and misfiring last fall.

My distributor has a new cap but was seeping oil last summer. Could that be the culprit? I know my engine harness is also dried out and it could be a short.

Any pointers towards the right direction would be great. Thanks!
Look in the distributor cap for oil.

Someone else recently reported the exact same symptoms, particularly going around corners.

Look in the distributor cap for oil.

Someone else recently reported the exact same symptoms, particularly going around corners.
Thanks! I tried searching for another thread with the same symptoms as mine. Do you have a link for it? I assumed wiring harness but that could definitely be a possibility.

Thanks! I tried searching for another thread with the same symptoms as mine. Do you have a link for it? I assumed wiring harness but that could definitely be a possibility.
Here ya go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom