Mini Tractors - lets see um (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_1934.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG
Using the 40 to winch out some cut trees in prep to run them through the chipper.

View attachment 1581339

View attachment 1581341

Love seeing the old cruisers still working! Our 1970 FJ55 "Working Pig" is still doing plow duty. He starts on the coldest mornings and clears our driveway with no problems. Heck, before the Kubota, he was moving boulders around the property. Tough old bastard!

6FE3157A-22DE-49F1-AE86-3EFAEA448925.jpeg
A98CBCD3-AC6A-4FF4-9FDA-9FEBE1016FD4.jpeg
Mine is JD 2305, scored it when we were building shop 3 years ago and has been awesome.
From clean up to plowing ground and planting grass.
It has spread 10+ loads of dirty rock and been amazing.

I've got a 2006 Kubota L2800DT. Best money ever spent. Dropped a big dead straight Cottonwood at the end of a long logging/firewood weekend to drag up to the house (flat land). As I was driving up the lane every time the log would hit a bump the tractor would shudder for a bit. Got up to the yard, stepped off and took a look. Had to go get a tape measure. It was every bit of 50 feet long and about 24 inches at the stump end. I should look up what a green Cottonwood of that size weighs - but it was a lot.

That little tractor is impressive as hell.

Chains for use with the hooks, got these at Tractor Supply. TS had 5/16 chain that could be cut to length plus hooks, but I found that it was cheaper to purchase a 20' tow chain that came with a pair of hooks and have the chain cut in half.

IMG_2980.JPG

This thread is making me antsy to move and get building!

No action pics right now. Big freeze coming this week so I'll be able to get in the woods.

That's some heavy-duty looking ballast you've got there!

Got this for the shop

Allis Chalmers 5015. 19hp. 4wd. Diff locks, PTO, loader.

IMG_2213.JPG

They're available from this site: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Home>>

I've seen so many guys sling chains and straps around their buckets with all kinds of equipment damage and dangerous results. These are beautifully welded and zinc coated. I mounted both shackle loops and grab hooks on my bucket and a single grab hook on the back of my BH bucket so I can sling a chain for lifting. Make sure to have a new drill bit or sharp bit to get through the thick metal on your buckets. Good luck!

Hey! THANKS for posting the link to Ken's... that is EXACTLY what I've been looking for to put on my Kubota!

Every time I come to this thread I get more excited about moving to the mountains and having some land to work on. The city life is depressing...

I really need to get some of those too. I've already distorted (bent) the top edge of my loader bucket by wrapping chain around the middle of the bucket to pull T-posts. Thanks @AdventureToolCompany for pointing these out and demonstrating them.

porta power and a torch and fix that, just did it for a friend on his Kobota,

You can also get the weld on hooks and reinforce where you attach them, the top lip is thin to start with...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom