Military trailers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These are all M101s (not M101CDNs). Much too big for use behind a Cruiser.

You're right about cheap though. These generally go for about $200 in perfect condition at auction.

Mark...

yournamehere said:
So an M101CDN is 1/2 ton and Canadian
and the M101-A1 is US and 3/4 ton.

? from what I gather.

And m416 is like a M101CDN.
yes?

You are correct sir :D

The M100 was the original 1/4 ton (rated at 500 pounds payload "cross country" and 800 pounds paylod for on road use... All of the military trailers are rated in this manner.). Followed by the M416 which was an update but not a major change. The M101 is a 3/4 ton. The M105 is a 1.5 ton.
The M101cdn is another update of the 1/4 trailer. virtualy identical to the M416, but in current/production?) by/for the Canadian military (the US phased out the M416 a while back).

Mark...

Mark

They would make a great base camp trailer with a large tent mounted on top and cavernous storage in the box.

Mark W said:
The M100 was the original 1/4 ton (rated at 500 pounds payload "cross country" and 800 pounds paylod for on road use... All of the military trailers are rated in this manner.). Followed by the M416 which was an update but not a major change. The M101 is a 3/4 ton. The M105 is a 1.5 ton.
The M101cdn is another update of the 1/4 trailer. virtualy identical to the M416, but in current/production?) by/for the Canadian military (the US phased out the M416 a while back).

Mark...

Mark

Minor clarification: The MBT was the original 1/4 ton trailer, used during WWII behind the GPW/MBs. The M100 is a Korean War-era trailer, basically a refinement over the MBT. The M416 is a Vietnam-era trailer.

Corbet said:
I have a 3/4 ton M101A that I pull behind the 60 on occasion. Hauls a hell of a lot of fire wood. Needs some trailer brakes for regular use. But I would not say too big. Just depends what you want to do with it.

I was talking about using it on the trails. For on road utility use... You can drag an 18 foot car trailer around if you need to. ;)

Mark...

Exiled said:
Minor clarification: The MBT was the original 1/4 ton trailer, used during WWII behind the GPW/MBs. The M100 is a Korean War-era trailer, basically a refinement over the MBT. The M416 is a Vietnam-era trailer.

Yep. I forgot about the WWII trailers.

Mark...

Mark W said:
These are all M101s (not M101CDNs). Much too big for use behind a Cruiser.

You're right about cheap though. These generally go for about $200 in perfect condition at auction.

Mark...

I just picked my Canadian M-101 trailer and wired it up today. Pulls behind the 13B-T like it isn't even threre. Big props to the following people for making this happen:

1) Norm F. (BJ70guy)
2) Bruce Loewen
3) Greg B. of G&S Cruiser Parts.

Military%20Trailer%20001.jpg

Military%20Trailer%20002.jpg

:beer: :beer: :beer: for you guys! I'm stoked about this year's fishing/camping season...hopefully my back cooperates.

Stone

to further add to the 1/4 ton trailers made during WWll, Willys made MBT's and Bantam made T3's. there were Converto Dump trailers made along with Gemco T-1's. post WWll Bantam made the BT3-C a civilian version of their WWll trailer that had a tailgate cut in from the factory. then the M100, then M416. (I have a 1946 Bantam BT3-C).

Nice trailer, Stoney! If I didn't already have an M416, I'd be all over one of those bad boys.

IBCRUSN said:

Has anyone ever bought something from one of these auctions? How does it work?

I'd love to get my hands on a M101-A1. Especially if it's got stake sides, hoops and a canvas top.

Owyhee Jackass said:
Has anyone ever bought something from one of these auctions? How does it work?

I got my M416 from this auction three years ago. This is a live auction bidding, just like E bay but much faster pace in short time span like 15 minutes or so. First sign up as a member with your background etc.

It is hard to do the visual inspection based on this tiny internet photo. In my case, there are 20 M416 on auction at the same time so I picked the top four M416 based on least dents and rusts surface on the photos.

Once the auction is over, they will mail the winner the pick up document after the payment is made. I showed the papers to Marine solders at Marine base where the M416 are stored in surplus lots then pick it up, you can't stay there too long. It turned out that they painted white all over 20 trailers recently, covering up the real rust conditions. :mad: (it is all sandblasted anyway)

Regards,

What are the time constraints on picking them up? Most of the auctions I've seen are a thousand miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom