Military Battery Terminal Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yooper

SILVER Star
Threads
I just installed a dual battery setup from Urban LandCruisers (VERY nice product) that utilizes military battery terminals. I'd like to put on some plastic terminal covers, but I can't find any. 4x4 Connection used to have them, but no more. Can't find them at McMaster Carr either.

Does anybody know a source for these?

West Marine

I can't find them there. I see standard automotive (too small) and marine (wrong shape). The military style covers seem to have disappeared.

Thanks, that's them! Kinda spendy but what the hey.

These are the ones I'm getting:

http://www.wranglernw.com/commerce/ItemDetail.asp?ItemNo=32%2D332R

32-332R.JPG

Gettin' some of these too, for the terminals on the battery isolator and alternator:

32-314R.jpg

Glad to help. I go the extra mile and put a terminal cover on the ground post also. Provides an extra bit of protection against a tool dropped or laying on the battery from shorting out between the battery posts.

yup, Wrangler was the only place I could find them, but they are worth it

38346535.jpg

Wow those covers are fricking huge. Good to know - I was worried they wouldn't fit over my new 1/0 cables.

I know it's not, but your alternator looks Photoshopped - it's too green!

Rich said:
Glad to help. I go the extra mile and put a terminal cover on the ground post also. Provides an extra bit of protection against a tool dropped or laying on the battery from shorting out between the battery posts.

Yep, bought 2 each of the black and red, and six more for the 4 gauge cables to the isolator and alternator.

$28.66, but free shipping, so not too bad. I figure if it saves me blowing the fusible links twice then it's worth it.

:cheers:

yup, plenty big

70811393.jpg

I kept the cover that came on the Orbital on the unused neg post

yooper said:
Wow those covers are fricking huge. Good to know - I was worried they wouldn't fit over my new 1/0 cables.

I know it's not, but your alternator looks Photoshopped - it's too green!

Cool, I just found somthing else to include in the kit! Ordering today!

sheesh!
first pink panties, now this...
what's this site coming to? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom