Military Battery Terminal Covers

yooper

SILVER Star

I just installed a dual battery setup from Urban LandCruisers (VERY nice product) that utilizes military battery terminals. I'd like to put on some plastic terminal covers, but I can't find any. 4x4 Connection used to have them, but no more. Can't find them at McMaster Carr either.

Does anybody know a source for these?

yooper

SILVER Star

I can't find them there. I see standard automotive (too small) and marine (wrong shape). The military style covers seem to have disappeared.

Glad to help. I go the extra mile and put a terminal cover on the ground post also. Provides an extra bit of protection against a tool dropped or laying on the battery from shorting out between the battery posts.

yooper

SILVER Star

Wow those covers are fricking huge. Good to know - I was worried they wouldn't fit over my new 1/0 cables.

I know it's not, but your alternator looks Photoshopped - it's too green!

yooper

SILVER Star

Rich said:
Glad to help. I go the extra mile and put a terminal cover on the ground post also. Provides an extra bit of protection against a tool dropped or laying on the battery from shorting out between the battery posts.

Yep, bought 2 each of the black and red, and six more for the 4 gauge cables to the isolator and alternator.

$28.66, but free shipping, so not too bad. I figure if it saves me blowing the fusible links twice then it's worth it.

:cheers:

Landpimp

GOLD Star

yup, plenty big

I kept the cover that came on the Orbital on the unused neg post

yooper said:
Wow those covers are fricking huge. Good to know - I was worried they wouldn't fit over my new 1/0 cables.

I know it's not, but your alternator looks Photoshopped - it's too green!

dd113

Cool, I just found somthing else to include in the kit! Ordering today!

e9999

You want to do what...?

sheesh!
first pink panties, now this...
what's this site coming to? :D

Top Bottom