Milemarker 9000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know Woody doesn't like it
"A highlift jack is faster than the milemarker electric....they are nice for the occasional wheeler who needs it for an emergency situation, but for someone (like me) who relies on their winch every trip, it's too pathetically slow." Quote from the Woodman

Will it fit the ARB winch bumper? At $459 it would be better than my hand winch.
As I don't get stuck, maybe I don't need a winch???

I'd say go for a Superwinch X9, as Woody says, slow, but it will get the job done. Mine has quite a bit of use w/ no problems. It's really an 11,900lb winch, with 2.1 HP and a 253 - 1 gear ratio, it can actually pull your truck out a good deep stuck in the mud.

A whole bunch just went off ebay for $477! Sorry, don't have the ebayer who was auctioning them.

I want the milemarker 9000. It sounds like the deal to me. Sorry I dont know anything useful about it but thats my vote.

I figure as long as i can winch myself out of a bad place so the crazy drunkens dont come and blow up my truck in the middle of the night then awesome.

Why buy a winch that is not even half as fast for half the price?

The M12k or M15k is the only way to go. Anything else is a waste of your time and money.

Does anyone know if a Ramsey REP12000 will fit in an ARB front bumper? Someone is selling a new one for $700 and got me thinking, damnit.

IIRC the ARB is bolted to the frame with four bolts on each side (something like 10 X 1.25's almost like 3/8 US) and that is what it's being pulled against with the winch. This also could be why ARB has the 10000 lb. max rating for a winch. They are not thru bolts. Just a thought.
Bill

As far as I am concerned $500 buys a hell of a lot of peace of mind (meaning spend the grand and go get a 12 or 15K)

Don't skimp when you eat out and when purchasing safety/recovery gear.

if you like the milemarker price, check out their12k winch. Roadlessgear.com has the best price $589. It may be slow 21fpm at 0 load but if your not competing, what the hell. 5.5hp motor sounds pretty good to me, more than enough to pull you out of anything without snatch bloking.

Biggest price does not always = best product. :D

I'm also very curious about the HP ratings on electric motors. Anyone around here an EE that can explain it? As far as I know, electric motors make peak HP at their designed max speed.... which is great, but how often does a winch motor spin at that speed. Not when pulling!

[quote author=erfworm link=board=2;threadid=5373;start=msg42532#msg42532 date=1063900200]
if you like the milemarker price, check out their12k winch. Roadlessgear.com has the best price $589. It may be slow 21fpm at 0 load but if your not competing, what the hell. 5.5hp motor sounds pretty good to me, more than enough to pull you out of anything without snatch bloking.
[/quote]

At that price the SW9X is a contender. I wounder about the quality of them?

based on what ive read here, id only go with a warn. if your looking at price as a factor, either look for a used warn or buy a handwinch or wench :D and save up the other half. ive found when ive tried to save money by skimping (just in general) that I end up paying more in the end :slap:

Brian,
I'm also very curious about the HP ratings on electric motors.

I bought a large drill press one time got it home and was wiping it off when I noticed the 5 HP info sticker on the electric motor was curled up on one corner. I peeled it off and under the sticker was another one that said 3 HP with all the info. I was afraid to try to peel that one off. Been very skeptical of ratings since then. ::)
Bill

Bill,

I know all about bolt-on horsepower. Stick-on horsepower sounds a lot cheaper to install :slap:

Would you recommend valve cover or hood underside or radiator core support? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom