Mild Offroad and a bit of camping rec (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a bit of googling but would also like to ask here. My neighbor and I are looking to take the kids up and out of the city for a night or two. We’re looking for some easy trails and a place camp out. Both of our rigs are lifted but mine needs a little tlc before letting it loose.

Anywhere N. GA you folks recommend? Thanks in advance

Town Center Mall is pretty challenging!

There were some really nice camping areas off the Charlie's Creek trail, right on the river, but they'll be completely primitive. Are you looking for a more established kind of site?

There were some really nice camping areas off the Charlie's Creek trail, right on the river, but they'll be completely primitive. Are you looking for a more established kind of site?
Thanks GA. It can be primitive for a night or two. But a facility would be a plus.

Check out the State website State stuff they should have primitive to ones with facilities. Also counties and local cities display info on this stuff as well. Check that out and do let us know if you found a good one.

So we ended up at Sandy’s Creek campground. Great spot. Easy trail up the mountain to get to the main area. We set up camp right next to a creek which you have to cross to get to the bathroom. Lots of river cross on other trails. There was some easy-moderate trails. It was great for the whole family.

Btw, came back on 23 and caravaned for a few miles with a sweet lifted white 80 series. Yohb?

Btw, came back on 23 and caravaned for a few miles with a sweet lifted white 80 series. Yohb?

License plate "80"? If so that'd be funny, I was riding next to him on the way out of town on Friday.

Looks like a fun trip. Where is Sandy's Creek? Google pulled up a few places.

License plate "80"? If so that'd be funny, I was riding next to him on the way out of town on Friday.

Looks like a fun trip. Where is Sandy's Creek? Google pulled up a few places.
I was behind him for a good 20 mins and never noted his lic plate. I was too distracted by how beautiful it was. It looked like it was arb’d. Bumpers, lift, antennas, fishing poles, etc.

Sandy’s creek campground is east of Clayton off of warwoman rd. We’ll be going back again soon for sure.

Ah, different truck then. This one was lifted and clean but looked mostly stock-bodied.

Let me know when you decide to go again, I'd be interested in seeing the trails out there.

I'd tag along too sometime the roads up there are nice. Sounds like we need to get another expo ride together like we've done in the past. We could probably get a bunch of guys out @rjs78

I could resemble that comment.

When we first started looking I was getting confused with Sarah’s creek and Sarah’s bottom. But it’s creek campground. It’s fairly expansive. Many places to go. They had groomed campsites. But you can also drive several miles on some trails and camp out in the middle of nowhere. It was exactly what we were looking for. If we had a group we could definitely find a spot to fit a bunch of us.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/conf/recarea/?recid=10497

I could be game in the future for a ride and camp.

Now that the weather is A-okay for the most part...its time to party.. lets get a ride along together...

Works for me! Count me in. When are you wanting to plan this? I also saw in the Dixieland Cruisers Alabama group they are planning a trail ride and camp sometime in June if you guys are interested. They are going to running the GA Traverse trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom