Metalwork and Fabrication (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if you fellas need a hammer drill to put holes in the garage floor, I got one and a 1/2" concrete bit.

if you fellas need a hammer drill to put holes in the garage floor, I got one and a 1/2" concrete bit.
Thanks. I've got a hammer drill. Had to buy a 5/8" bit. I am using threaded inserts instead of regular bolt anchors. I want to be able to move the bender without leaving a trip hazard.

OMG.

Check this stuff out it is essentially stainless steel in an aerosol can- That claims it is weldable!!! Claims extraordinary corrosion protection and USDA approved for use on food equipment for "incidental" food contact.
(Sure it's weldable..... but can you finish welding it before you get cancer or hit the shop floor?)

Also looks like it might be quite a sexy finish.

Steel-It

If that don't float your boat try this.

Lurches special spray....

Single, unattended metal workers tend to get up to goofball goon crap and I am no exception.

Check it out!
An experiment with a rocket stove
Experiment in DIY cheap-as-it-gets Smoker made out of another disposable helium container- Pondering designs for smoking fish on the trail....
66175223368__FAE6E70A-6914-4147-8E6A-CA64E34730F8.jpg

Single, unattended metal workers tend to get up to goofball goon crap and I am no exception.

Check it out!
An experiment with a rocket stove
Experiment in DIY cheap-as-it-gets Smoker made out of another disposable helium container- Pondering designs for smoking fish on the trail....
View attachment 2871419
That little smoker is badass

Ok, I finally got a sec to take some more pics. This is a reverse flow smoker.
So, initially this was just a proof of concept so I went at it pretty fast and hard because I was not sure if I would be happy with it. The core structure and size is nice so I am going to finish it off with some tune ups. -SOME OF MY WELDS ARE GARBAGE.- Thou shalt never rush....
- You will notice some hair- dog hair- design drawback number one if you have pooches, this target is on their level.- they will love you for it though.
- The three vents in the front were completely unnecessary. I will at least plug the center one and perhaps replace the sides with a fancy butterfly flap.
- The actual smoker lid I may leave as a detachable after I dress the handle.
- The loading lid (which is just a bent piece of 20ga and a crappy handle) will be replaced with a design I have not yet decided on, I discovered/felt it was much more effective in controlling 0xygen than the vents.
- I am thinking of combining it into a draw enhancer. I learned that if you tweek it at an angle you get an nice influx/accelerated draw. Image 8893. I am going to play with this more.
-The chimney will get a butterfly flap.

-My favorite part will be the paint job- which will be a stove paint German Brown speckled back pattern with a snow belly.

smoker.png

IMG_8880.JPG

IMG_8883.JPG

IMG_8884.JPG

IMG_8885.JPG

IMG_8887.JPG

IMG_8893.JPG

You should make a waste oil heater. I bet you would sell a few of those
I checked that stuff out, pretty cool. I am swamped with projects right now and need to get a few turned out before I get to any of that. I will keep the wheels turning on it to see about a really good and cost effective plan though!

Blood?

blood.jpg

Why does everyone focus on the blood....

🤣

Yes. Blood. I said I liked my meat smoked.... but not completely dead.
1b3f8094-4183-499e-a135-148dc056799a_text.gif

That was my indicator I needed to start wearing a respirator in addition to the ventilation when welding. I bent over to put the lid on and it was a crimson Niagara Falls for 45min.

Is there a baffle or something in the cooking chamber that directs the smoke?
Yup, if you look in the burn box there is a disc that rotates for hot or cold smoke. I still have to fabricate a secondary smoke stack mount and plug.

Additionally, my well formulated hair-brain plan for either or both to be open on the fly has hit a small snag. I need to be able to either back out the baffle completely or remove it, while still keeping a good
5O0oc4a.gif
for the hot or cold smoke.

Sigh... go figure, one of the best fish I smoked last year was on a 50$ Webber kettle top. Idle hands do the devils work, and sometimes the devil just wants to watch you spin your wheels.
devil2.gif

Sweet! Nice design

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom