Merge screens car play adapter lx570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey mudders,

I searched the forums to see if anyone had tried these units yet, but came up short.

I’ve been messaging back and forth with tech support and they claim that the unit 100% works For 2013 and up LX. Has available wireless adapter as well.
I am a bit skeptical as it would seem there would be different bugs to work out between 13-15 and 16-21 years, but alas I am very intrigued. Perhaps this is an alternative the to Grom route?
I am by no means a tech wizard…But would love to rock google maps and Spotify with ease. As I’m sure the rest of you agree, all we want is our CarPlay without the loss of other functions.
If opinions here are overall favorable I will press on them to be a Guinea pig, and/group buy.
Let the discussion begin!!

looks interesting. I just installed a Grom VL2 in my '13LC and this looks like it could be a better solution (if it works as promised)

-Allows factory audio to be played while displaying CP (which I think other solutions like EC or NAV+ can do too)
-Simpler than VL2 (looks like CP/AA only, lacks android functionality of VL2 which is not a bad thing)
-Bummer they charge you an extra $50 to enable the wireless CP
-Install and connections are similar to VL2, but it's lacking a dedicated GPS (which I think CP can make use of instead of using phone GPS for more accuracy but not 100% sure if this is correct or not)

Hey mudders,

I searched the forums to see if anyone had tried these units yet, but came up short.

I’ve been messaging back and forth with tech support and they claim that the unit 100% works For 2013 and up LX. Has available wireless adapter as well.
I am a bit skeptical as it would seem there would be different bugs to work out between 13-15 and 16-21 years, but alas I am very intrigued. Perhaps this is an alternative the to Grom route?
I am by no means a tech wizard…But would love to rock google maps and Spotify with ease. As I’m sure the rest of you agree, all we want is our CarPlay without the loss of other functions.
If opinions here are overall favorable I will press on them to be a Guinea pig, and/group buy.
Let the discussion begin!!
Just to clear the air since this is your first post - Are you affiliated with them at all? (Not accusing, just asking)

Back to the functionality:

I agree there is a need for a best-of-breed Apple CarPlay solution. I know I want one for the 13-15 LX I am searching for.

Just to clear the air since this is your first post - Are you affiliated with them at all? (Not accusing, just asking)

Back to the functionality:

I agree there is a need for a best-of-breed Apple CarPlay solution. I know I want one for the 13-15 LX I am searching for.
Fair question. Definitely not! Long time forum lurker. Finally got up the nerve to register and post. Learned everything about 100series from this amazing forum.
I’m a millworker. Sooo wood not electronics.
Attached are photos of my 100 (now gone :( )
And my 200 series!

84463B48-B701-4D18-A34D-5112A5E06202.png

EF458999-8ED0-456A-AD38-18A3DD76354C.png

Fair question. Definitely not! Long time forum lurker. Finally got up the nerve to register and post. Learned everything about 100series from this amazing forum.
I’m a millworker. Sooo wood not electronics.
Attached are photos of my 100 (now gone :( )
And my 200 series!

View attachment 2939421

View attachment 2939422
Nice new rig! Congrats!

Thanks for taking it in stride! Wasn't being accusatory at all...

bump bump
any other tech wizards with thoughts on this?

So what are your thoughts? I currently have a Grom VL2, but this seems like it might be a better option. I'm thinking of this along with the gamiviti dashboard accessory mount.
No doubt that a fully integrated OEM looking thing is the best. But for $300 this was a great second option.

I used to have my iPad over the screen, really nice setup but I needed to flip the iPad every time to back up and every once in a while the magnetic charger would need to be changed out. Also, I paid $10 a month for iPad service. Lastly the phone calls were always sketchy when using The iPad to communicate. Lastly on sunny days, the iPad would overheat or just dim to the point I couldn’t see. For all these reasons I was exploring the option to install beatsonic’s CarPlay solution, but I was staring at about $1,000 installed. Then I saw the Road Top unit a few months ago and started thinking about it…

Pros:
- price
- wide screen/low profile (10 icons)
- comes with tons of accessories
- connect to car via Bluetooth/aux/FM, of course I used Bluetooth
- all OEM media controls work
- uses vehicle microphone for Calls
- boot logo is customizable to vehicle mfg
- airplay mirroring/android screen mirroring
- wireless CarPlay ( more reliable than the one in my ‘22 Ford Edge)

Cons:
- you have to conceal the wire for maximum OEM look
- you loose access to Toyota Entune apps (I never used)

I’m on day one I will do my best to test out before return window closes…

Last edited:
Is it an Android box (and is it exposed), or does it only do CarPlay/AA?

I’m still bouncing back and forth on the Grom VLine2 between using Android and using CarPlay. Mostly using CarPlay, but it’s nice to to have both options.

Is it an Android box (and is it exposed), or does it only do CarPlay/AA?

I’m still bouncing back and forth on the Grom VLine2 between using Android and using CarPlay. Mostly using CarPlay, but it’s nice to to have both options.
It’s actually based on Linux. So no apps to be installed it’s pretty closed off for the regular user… there is an advanced menu that allows to change the boot logo to your car mfg. it does play mp4 off usb or micro sd as well as airplay or mirrorlink. The wireless CarPlay is seamless and better than my 2022 for edge. I also noticed it allows me to type searches in maps even if the vehicle is moving which I love compared to my Edge which forces you to use Siri .

I currently have a GromVline2 and I am disappointed with the unit itself. Tech support has been great but the Carplay pairing is so spotty, I tried wired, wireless carplay and its hit or miss.
Really, my wireless CarPlay works pretty much flawlessly. Are you doing the thing where you let it tether by Bluetooth first to establish the connection and then the WiFi tethered CarPlay interaction is set to happen automatically? That is how mine is set and it connects every time.. rakes about 10 seconds, but after initial configuration (the first time I did all the pairing), I never touch anything.

That’s not to say I haven’t had some other buggy things, but CarPlay connection is not one of them.

I suspect the requirements are to have the CarPlay settings in Android on the Grom to be set to Bluetooth tethering enabled, and Connect to CarPlay automatically enabled, and your phone probably has to have tethering enabled all the time.

No doubt that a fully integrated OEM looking thing is the best. But for $300 this was a great second option.

I used to have my iPad over the screen, really nice setup but I needed to flip the iPad every time to back up and every once in a while the magnetic charger would need to be changed out. Also, I paid $10 a month for iPad service. Lastly the phone calls were always sketchy when using The iPad to communicate. Lastly on sunny days, the iPad would overheat or just dim to the point I couldn’t see. For all these reasons I was exploring the option to install beatsonic’s CarPlay solution, but I was staring at about $1,000 installed. Then I saw the Road Top unit a few months ago and started thinking about it…

Pros:
- price
- wide screen/low profile (10 icons)
- comes with tons of accessories
- connect to car via Bluetooth/aux/FM, of course I used Bluetooth
- all OEM media controls work
- uses vehicle microphone for Calls
- boot logo is customizable to vehicle mfg
- airplay mirroring/android screen mirroring
- wireless CarPlay ( more reliable than the one in my ‘22 Ford Edge)

Cons:
- you have to conceal the wire for maximum OEM look
- you loose access to Toyota Entune apps (I never used)

I’m on day one I will do my best to test out before return window closes…
Best solution I’ve seen to date…

Really, my wireless CarPlay works pretty much flawlessly. Are you doing the thing where you let it tether by Bluetooth first to establish the connection and then the WiFi tethered CarPlay interaction is set to happen automatically? That is how mine is set and it connects every time.. rakes about 10 seconds, but after initial configuration (the first time I did all the pairing), I never touch anything.

That’s not to say I haven’t had some other buggy things, but CarPlay connection is not one of them.

I suspect the requirements are to have the CarPlay settings in Android on the Grom to be set to Bluetooth tethering enabled, and Connect to CarPlay automatically enabled, and your phone probably has to have tethering enabled all the time.
I am pretty sure I have it connected that way. Tech support has been great - and the issue with the screen going black is the GROM unit itself as the Android OS freezes. The USB port 1 also became inoperable.

I am going to revert back firmware to see if that resolves the issue. On the other hand I was able to get the Factory USB port to work with Grom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom