Meet Arkansas Dave, my first mini truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"It doesn't work, and it can't play the music of his people:"

Hey Kleatus....did you get that fine collection of 80s-90s pure country gold along with the truck? If'en you aren't into that kind of thing, also being from Arkansas that's right up my alley. I would gladly send some moonshine or my sister's phone number your way for them if you want to get rid of them. Jk on the moonshine.... i would however take them off your hands for a little dough. the only thing that works in my rig is the tape deck... and i only have 2 tapes!
No they didn't come with the truck, thems mine, and just like my dog and my truck, they ain't for sale! :flipoff2:

Dave wasn't running great. Idled OK but stumbled with any throttle. Missing under any higher RPM. I had a few minutes the other night when loading up some things that got put in the shop from our move that didn't belong there and decided to pull the distributor cap and plugs. Cap and wires look new, plugs were new but fouled with soot. Fuel pressure was 4.5 psi. With the fuel line on the gauge and the carb disconnected, I watched the level in the sight glass come down into visibility... uh oh.

Checked compression too. 165,165,160,155 front to back. Nice.

Found that both diaphragms on the distributor don't hold vacuum. Darn.

A guy from the Seattle club had a leftover OEM carb from an old truck of his he sent me recently. Thanks @Bullzi
20200213_185558.jpg

I slapped it on tonight. Way smoother and not missing all over! Haven't driven it yet but we are making progress.

The "old" one was a shiny new Chinese copy. One of the $69 eBay specials no doubt. The old OEM carb that's been sitting since 2003? runs better. Par for the course.
20200219_181143.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom