May club run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great day yesterday, learned a lot from this day ...

1. Greg is a badass with a heart of GOLD. Zero chance I roll my rig and the first thoughts after making sure everyone is ok is, well, let's get to work on the recovery and keep wheeling. Very fortunate that nobody was hurt. I will try very hard to remember the example he has shown me if something like this ever happens to me.

2. Yotas are hard to kill. Flip it upright, small puff of white smoke and it started right up. Pry bar the fender off the door and it was able to close. Crazy after being on it's side.

3. Wheeling is a perishable skill. After several months away, everything felt sketchy and I had to get used to the feeling of going over rocks again. I needed a spotter several times and everyone else seemed just fine driving along. I missed @VBRoamer as my personal trail guide and spirit animal.

4. Andy and Greg love rock hoppy trails. I'm used to trying to keep up with Andy, but right after the rollover we ended up on what I would guess was an ATV trail for a hundred yards or so before it dumped us out onto the bottom section of Beeline. By the time I got onto the trail, Greg was already at the bottom.

**much respect to Mark and his Land Rover. He had smallish tires and lift and kept up with us with very few issues.

We spent a good part of the day on blues, then maybe the last hour we went back down the powerline area near check-in and did greens so my son Cam could drive. He's super stoked to drive trails again and already wants to try harder ones, but I will need a Xanny refill first. He got to see firsthand how quickly things can go from normal to scary on a trail.

I had an intermittent rear locker issue that I'm not sure if it sorted itself or not, might need one more outing to see if it needs to be looked at or not. Steering wheel is off a bit now too, that seems to happen often. Maybe I should learn how to not just bulldoze into large rocks. Haven't checked for damage, will get there eventually.

Pic my son took of @Crusha on the trails. Seems he didn't get any pics pre-rollover.
Resized_20200524_132639[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_140501[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_140636[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_140707[1].jpeg

Mark in the Rover ...
Resized_20200524_140502[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_140440[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_133913[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_133903[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_133356[1].jpeg

Not many pics of Andy since he was leading as usual and rarely found trouble. Only other time he did get hung up was right when Greg's rig rolled so we didn't get any pics of the huge rock that wedged under his truck and then started to stand on end and tried to put him over.

I tried and couldn't spot him past it, Greg came down and talked him over it thankfully.

Biggest assist I had was finding Molly's license when she dropped it.
Resized_20200524_134131[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_134143[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_134233[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_134254[1].jpeg

A few my son took of me. Pretty sure this is the section of Beeline I had to look at for 5 mins and get a spotter on that Greg just drove down like a boss without getting out of his truck.

Resized_20200524_133014[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_133027(1)[1].jpeg

Resized_20200524_133055[1].jpeg

Can't wait to get out again in June.

Sorry to see the carnage! Glad everyone was ok. Crazy that the tree did that to you, I always think of them as immovable objects, but obviously not so much.

Wow, sorry I wasn't there for this one!!!! Glad nobody was hurt, man in an event like this anything can happen. Sure did a lot of damage! Might be time resurrect the supercharged 80!

We missed ya, Gary.

Any chance of you making it to the Cove in June?

We missed ya, Gary.

Any chance of you making it to the Cove in June?

Are you guys thinking Cove for the June trip? I am planning on a wheeling trip in June, my youngest Duke is ready to join the fun!

Sorry I wasn't there to watch and help. Specially glad no one was hurt.

We would love to have you guys down to the Cove. All welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom