May club run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All set, truck is loaded up and ready to go. Possibly even heavy one seventeen year old for the trip, we will see if he can get out of bed @ 6am to prep to roll out. His current sleep schedule is 3am - 11am.

My brother in law was there this morning. I didn't catch it last night when he asked about tomorrow. Being today.... I did tell him the 24th repeatidly.

My brother in law was there this morning. I didn't catch it last night when he asked about tomorrow. Being today.... I did tell him the 24th repeatidly.

So he's out for tomorrow?

Me alone on the trails with you and Greg .... o_O

** Double checks to make sure AAA card is in wallet and current ***

@Cass007 you’ll be fine... trust me.

Muwahahaha !

On our way.

Those of us that need to live vicariously through those that have trucks that actually run need out fix ;)

No details? Rumor has it, it was an exciting day on the trails!

The 80 finally ended up on it's side!

The condensed version is that I had Lily, my 16 year old, driving somewhere she should not have been. A slightly rocky downhill section.

We were tail gunning, and she accelerated too much to my liking, I said slow down, she said something like"it won't", or "I'm trying". We were on our way to rear ending another tuck down the hill, and I made the executive decision to grab the wheel and steer us to the left, and into a tree.

We hit the tree, which was about five or six inch in diameter, with the outer left front of the bumper, and the tree bent enough to act as a ramp.

It lifted us up enough to flop it on the passenger side, and into another tree. I got rained upon with truck contents/broken glass. I assessed our situation, made sure nobody was injured, and then unbuckled. I still had to unbuckle my kids, who were hanging in their belts (always wear your seat belts, kids!). Emma, my oldest was crying, and Lily kept saying I'm sorry. I told her it doesn't matter, and released them both (not an easy task), and sent them out the driver's window. I then climbed out. Were were a little shaken, but no injuries, except I split my thumbnail in half. I think when trying to release one of the girls belts.

We brought a truck around and used a snatch block to attach the winch to the slider, and attached another winch to the rear bumper shackle to keep the truck from rolling down hill. The recovery was flawless, I got in the 80, and it fired right up.

We wheeled for a few more hours. It was a great day..

This could have been avoided had I used better parental judgement. Not the first time my parenting tactics have been reviewed with 20/20 hindsight.

I'm just very grateful nobody was injured.

flopa.jpg
flopb.jpg
flopc.jpg

Last edited:
Damage to the 80:

- Rear hatch glass blown out.

- Windshield broken.

- Right front door, and fender totally destroyed, from landing on a large rock.

- Roof rack took the brunt of the impact into the second tree, tearing a mount away from the gutter, and is probably now scrap

- Right side rear slider window will not close, the body has a large dent that distorted the window opening.

It's all totally fixable, and not being turned into a buggy!

The carnage, in full color!

44C6F219-5B02-43CB-A6E1-B8FEB8C3FD0F.jpeg
BD9BA257-15EB-4F79-A681-F2848AC28EEE.jpeg
4C0F6334-8401-45B0-95A1-095F5FA019E5.jpeg
259647C5-1EFA-4E22-93E4-C752F51D1974.jpeg
4CAFB49B-A5B5-4979-B113-4C20635F8220.jpeg

The recovery.

Last edited:
What trail were you running when that happened! Glad no one got seriously hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom