Maxxis Razr -33x10.50-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

255 not 235.....

Again, I don’t trust the charts on sizes until I actually see the tire.

Oh, you want to stay at 10 inch on width ? I agree with your skepticism on BOTH charts & what’s even printed on the tire !! You’ve proven that, it should get everyone’s attention...

Ok, maybe there should be a dedicated thread on actual real life tire size? That's more useful than the numbers on the tire...

Pål

From years ago but after looking it’s mostly big Rockcrawlers posting up since it’s the hardcore section.

Last edited:
From years ago but after looking it’s mostly big Rockcrawlers posting up since it’s the hardcore section.

Ok, maybe there should be a dedicated thread on actual real life tire size? That's more useful than the numbers on the tire...

Pål

wngrog your savvy on this website has become indispensable ! The MAN, the MYTH, the LEGEND....! Actual tire Size ought to be charted and logged on Ih8MUD.. (no doubt a moderators nightmare !) It surely could warrant a permanent spot on FJ45 owners Club opening page. At least a TLC maniac would be made aware of what size he’s actually getting for the ($).

Then those “shyster” manufacturers would be exposed of their price gouging and deceptive practices. A guy feels violated !

Wheels & tires are a major piece to any build, it’s important that all us maniacs receive our due strokes for proper tire selection ! :rofl:

Last edited:
wngrog your savvy on this website has become indispensable ! The MAN, the MYTH, the LEGEND....!
wngrog your savvy on this website has become indispensable ! The MAN, the MYTH, the LEGEND....!
I think I’ll start a new thread in this forum with some standard ways to measure. See what folks out there have to contribute. Good idea
[/QUOTE
It IS a GREAT IDEA 👍 this particular thread needs to continue on...

One fella on that older thread made the observation that a wider rim will shorten the heighth...that seems logical ? No doubt, there are a lot of variables involved in the outcome of an accurate measurement. It (the old thread) was a good read.

I installed a set of these on a customers 40 today. It has a add-a-leaf/shackle lift on it. I guess in the 2-3" range. The 4 main tires are on 8" wide wheels. The spare is on a 7" wheel. I think both are fine. You can see from the crown of the tire it is not nearly as bad as Nolan has on his 5.5" stock steelies.
7" rim measured 32 7/8" with 30 psi and off the vehicle
8" rim measured 32 3/4" with 30 psi and off the vehicle

All tires balanced out ok, some with a little more weight than others.

I have owned and wheeled a set of these in the 40" version. I can speak for how well they did on the east coast in the rocks and red clay. They self clean well even at low speeds.

maxxis 33 10.50 1.jpg

maxxis 33 10.50 2.jpg

maxxis 33 10.50 3.jpg

maxxis 33 10.50 4.jpg

maxxis 33 10.50 5.jpg

Unmounted Razrs vs 33/10.5/15 KM2s on white wagons. Free shipping from simpletire.com and they arrived in 2 days.

89ipjkc.jpg
If you were local, I sell them for $165 each... someone is really marking those up!

Wow. I couldn't find them local, and ST was the cheapest I found online. With a coupon code, I got them for $194/ea.

I was so impressed with these tires on my race car off road and my customers car on road, I bought a set for one of my 40's. I mounted them up on some 15 x 6 FJ60 wheels that I blasted and painted Cygnus white. They just barley stick out past the body and it does rub on the relay rod slightly on full lock left. Not enough for me to worry about it.

maxxis 33 10.50  7.jpg

maxxis 33 10.50  8.jpg

maxxis 33 10.50  9.jpg

maxxis 33 10.50  12.jpg

maxxis 33 10.50  11.jpg

What PSI are you guys running? Idk what I'm at, but I feel like I need to chalk test and air down.

n2GKxNE.jpg

What PSI are you guys running? Idk what I'm at, but I feel like I need to chalk test and air down.

n2GKxNE.jpg
I set them to 32 psi but have not checked them. The first set went on 8" wide wheels and looked pretty flat. The second set went on 6" wide wheels. looks like you have the stock 5.5" wide wheels. I might need to drop the 2nd set down to 28 psi or so.

My tires were all at ~30psi. I chalk tested and they were all wearing just the center tread like post #55. I dropped them all to 25 psi and the chalk test looked better, but still not wearing across the whole tread pattern, especially in the rears (topless, no passengers). Steering is slightly harder for parking lots etc now. Not sure if I want to run them any lower than this for daily driving.

I will be testing mine out this weekend at Coal Miners Cruiser Classic at both Rausch Creek and AOAA off road parks. I plan to see what they will do, and will report back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom