Maxxis Razr -33x10.50-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bet that 35 is heavy AF!
Not as heavy as the 40 x 13.50 17's I had on my race car, those and 52 lb steel beadlock wheels, sucked changing those!

Tires should be here Wed and I'm hoping to get them mounted up that afternoon. We have a ride this Saturday and we've gotten ~4" of rain this week, so trails should be good and muddy to test them on.

Trying to decide if I want to run the 33x10.5's on my stock 60 wheels (15x6) or my Toyota 42601-60072 Disc 40 wheels (I believe they are 15x5.5). Does anyone know the weight difference between the two (I would think they're pretty close). Part of me wants to change it up and mount them on the 40 wheels (w/o hubcaps). Thoughts?
They really need to be on a wider wheel to wear smooth and not crown. I put mine on the 60 wheels because it will be a wheeler and not driven on the street much. I have mounted these on 7" wheels and 8" wheels. I think the 7 is where it is at for a good combo of driving and not having a squishy ride. 20 psi is a little low for street use. They still bulge out and protect the wheel and did not crown much. 8" for a street driven rig.

They really need to be on a wider wheel to wear smooth and not crown. I put mine on the 60 wheels because it will be a wheeler and not driven on the street much. I have mounted these on 7" wheels and 8" wheels. I think the 7 is where it is at for a good combo of driving and not having a squishy ride. 20 psi is a little low for street use. They still bulge out and protect the wheel and did not crown much. 8" for a street driven rig.
This isn’t a DD. Mainly used for camping and wheeling trips and riding around town when I feel like it. Not too worried about street characteristics. Plus I don’t have 7” or 8” wide wheels and don’t need another set of wheels laying around :)

This isn’t a DD. Mainly used for camping and wheeling trips and riding around town when I feel like it. Not too worried about street characteristics. Plus I don’t have 7” or 8” wide wheels and don’t need another set of wheels laying around :)
I have mine on 60 series 6" wheels painted Cygnus white.

Got the Razr’s mounted up and put ~250 miles on them this weekend. Really not as loud as I thought they’d be, but they do have a hum to them at 5mph coming to a stop. Overall really happy with them.

One question, do yalls tires have a yellow circle and a red dot on the sidewalls? The shop lined up the valve stems with the yellow dots and no vibrations (tires weren’t balanced either).

457ECE43-CB65-463E-AA91-BEB880EC9B68.jpeg

ED64D31A-1FA5-4844-AE99-F31D16C19A7A.jpeg

0CA5BEDD-DC15-4477-A4E3-745EB8E2854B.jpeg

Got the Razr’s mounted up and put ~250 miles on them this weekend. Really not as loud as I thought they’d be, but they do have a hum to them at 5mph coming to a stop. Overall really happy with them.

One question, do yalls tires have a yellow circle and a red dot on the sidewalls? The shop lined up the valve stems with the yellow dots and no vibrations (tires weren’t balanced either).........
Yeah, with mine, under 5 mph I feel the roughness of the lugs when aired up on pavement. Don't notice it so much on dirt or when aired down. Mine have the red dot & yellow circle, too, but noticed that some of the dots and valve stems weren't lined up. So, I googled the dots and found this explanation which tells why they weren't all lined up.

Edit: Link fixed

Last edited:
I was pretty sold on the pategonias or the wildpeak atws until I saw these! Does anybody have any long term reviews for these for a daily driven, moderately heavy 80? I saw rodney dahls review on it and he seem pretty happy but his 79s is definitely not a daily driver. Walmart has them for pretty reasonable price (wildpeaks are up almost $100s) and my mickey thompsons that the 80 came with are dry rot and on their last leg. Thanks

33x10.50r15 are Sooooold Out.

Thanks for all the info you guys have provided. I think this is the tire for me!

I need help though. Does anyone have these on a 15x7 wheel? Any chance I could get an overall width measurement (sidewall-sidewall at the widest point)?

It looks like the OP measured on a 15x6 and according to the picture it looks like 9.75" overall, but hard to be clear.
My clearances are very close (running 255/80r17 now), and would love to have an idea if they will fit or not before I pay for some.

Thanks!

To answer my own question, I got these on 15x8 rims (I wanted 15x7 but decided I needed the extra space on the inside for my suspension)

So on 15x8 wheels, these are right at 11" wide. So if they are about 10" wide on 15x6, accordong to OP, and 11" on my 15x8, that hopefully gives others an idea of what they would be on 15x7 wheels.

.............................. Does anybody have any long term reviews for these for a daily driven, moderately heavy 80? .......................
I don't think they've been around long enough for a long term review, at least here in the U.S. I 1st saw the Razr, this summer. I think the Maxxis Tire Co is out of Australia. They might have run them in Oz longer than here.

Last edited:
The tires have been out for several years, but not in all the current sizes. They are made in Asia, I forgot which country but not China. I am a authorized dealer for them. So far I have mounted these on 6", 7" and 8" wheels. I have them mounted on my own 6" wheels for my wheeler. For a driver I would put them on 8" wheels. My wholesaler is the largest seller of Maxxis tires on the East Coast so I get a good selection to pic from. Maxxis has warehouses in Georgia, Texas, and California to my understanding.

I have a set on my 60 and a set on my 55. Less than 1K miles on either, so no long term review. I do like the tires though. True to size. They didn't take a lot of weight to balance. They were very reasonably priced and they look fantastic. I have a weekend of trails on them and they perform great in rocks and mud. Good all-around tire IMO.

IMG_2847[1].JPG
IMG_3112[1].JPG

3D207C72-106A-49B8-9256-4D7B11EE7467.jpeg
So I ended up getting a set of 315 75 16s for the 80! So far they’re a much quieter tire then the Mickey Thompson mts I had on the highway. You can hear a definite hum at 40 but after 50 or 60 they quiet down. They also ride extremely smooth despise the “more aggressive then I bargained for” tread pattern. The only complaint that I have is that they almost measure exactly 34” at 37 psi on the car. The website says they measure out to 34.8 buuut in all reality I’m just being picky

................. The only complaint that I have is that they almost measure exactly 34” at 37 psi on the car. The website says they measure out to 34.8 buuut in all reality I’m just being picky
I hear ya. I run mine around 32 psi on the street lately with the rig unloaded and they measure about 33.5". But the bulge at the bottom, to me, indicates that if I ran more air in them, they'd be closer to the 35".

Yeah, with mine, under 5 mph I feel the roughness of the lugs when aired up on pavement. Don't notice it so much on dirt or when aired down. Mine have the red dot & yellow circle, too, but noticed that some of the dots and valve stems weren't lined up. So, I googled the dots and found this explanation which tells why they weren't all lined up.
what is the deal with the red dots on the sidewalls ? I have some Maaxi Bighorns with that red dot on ‘em, what’s the deal ? What are they for ? I tried to open up the your “explanation” but an ad blocked all the info and I couldn’t “x” it off my screen !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom