Master Window Switch Replacement - LX470 98-02 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The eBay switch worked fine until I got it wet.

The first time was after a sudden afternoon rain when I had the driver's window rolled down. I panicked because I needed to get the windows up and it was raining. I managed to get the window up somehow.

The second time was yesterday when I was cleaning the interior. I think some water splashed on the buttons and ran down into the circuit board. I took some compressed air and blew it out. It started working after that. Then this morning, only the driver's window works. I may plug in the old switch to see if it works for the other windows.

All window switches work fine using their local door switch.

I'm not sure about the water-resistance of an OEM switch. That may be the difference in cheap vs. OEM.

The eBay switch worked fine until I got it wet.

The first time was after a sudden afternoon rain when I had the driver's window rolled down. I panicked because I needed to get the windows up and it was raining. I managed to get the window up somehow.

The second time was yesterday when I was cleaning the interior. I think some water splashed on the buttons and ran down into the circuit board. I took some compressed air and blew it out. It started working after that. Then this morning, only the driver's window works. I may plug in the old switch to see if it works for the other windows.

All window switches work fine using their local door switch.

I'm not sure about the water-resistance of an OEM switch. That may be the difference in cheap vs. OEM.
I lucked out and ended up only having a broken wire in the boot going to the pillar. Thank u

my 2 ebay Master switches never worked for my 2004 LX, so I pulled the trigger on a new OEM master from www.CruiserYard.com w/shipping $297.49

I ordered one from the Ebay link until I find the best deal on OEM. Mine has been messed up for some time and I'm ready for my drivers window to work right again

I ordered one from the Ebay link until I find the best deal on OEM. Mine has been messed up for some time and I'm ready for my drivers window to work right again
They work fine until they get wet from leaving the window down during rain. Then it takes a couple of days to dry out. At $25 I bought a second one just to keep on hand in case the first one fails.

Have you used switches from Switchdoctor before? Just wondering if they are as good as OEM or a rebrand of one like I've ordered for 25.00
I haven't. US business, though no doubt manufactured elsewhere. They have good reviews on Amazon. We shall see...

Sorry to revive and old thread. does anyone know what the part that the switch secures into is called. The previous owner broke the clips off so its just been wiggling around in the door since I bought it. Master window switch panel/trim doesn't seem to get the right part back. Curious if any of you happen to know the correct naming. Thanks.
Did you ever sort out finding a replacement spring clip? Mine just broke. :| Wha Whaaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom