Master Cylinder Disappointment (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I disassembled the MC to clean and paint or powder coat. It looks fairly new (PO replaced), wasn't leaking, and the brakes worked fine before starting the frame-off last winter. Once cleaned and de-rusted I found the bottom of the cylinder is pitted. 😔

I have disks on all 4 corners so now I have to decide if I should replace or upgrade. Pretty sure an upgrade will cost less than a new 40 replacement, but I did find a reman 40 MC for $45.

Was hoping to start assembly in a few days. I just powder coated the pedal assembly yesterday.

Edit: I ordered an 80 MC.

20221212_115102.jpg

20221211_152351.jpg

Last edited:
I disassembled the MC to clean and paint or powder coat. It looks fairly new (PO replaced), wasn't leaking, and the brakes worked fine before starting the frame-off last winter. Once cleaned and de-rusted I found the bottom of the cylinder is pitted. 😔

I have disks on all 4 corners so now I have to decide if I should replace or upgrade. Pretty sure an upgrade will cost less than a new 40 replacement, but I did find a reman 40 MC for $45.

Was hoping to start assembly in a few days. I just powder coated the pedal assembly yesterday.

View attachment 3191905

View attachment 3191907
I'm not sure what your budget allows, but a new 1" non abs disc/disc master cylinder cost me about $141 in April. I matched it with a 71-74 brake booster. The pair works quite well with a Wilwood proportioning valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom