Master Brake Cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Originally posted by sjcruiser
How did you bleed the system? did you also do the LSPV? I've never heard of a self-bleed brake system as the fluid itself does not circulate. Also check the FSM for the bleeding procedure as the one suggested by LX_TREME does not seem to match from what I've read

Yeap, this is how I bled mine:

First, the rear passenger side brake
Second, the rear driver side brake
Third, the front passenger side brake
Fourth, the front driver side brake
and lastly, the LPSV

Every thing works great with the steps above.

4x4CPOSEADOG said:
Yeap, this is how I bled mine:

First, the rear passenger side brake
Second, the rear driver side brake
Third, the front passenger side brake
Fourth, the front driver side brake
and lastly, the LPSV

Every thing works great with the steps above.

I'd like to try this idea, but what exactly is the LSPV ?

Kalawang

Lspv = Load Sense Proportioning Valve

If all else fails you could be seeing a problem due to a failed booster. I had a failed booster (leak on the firewall side where the plunger attaches to the brake pedal). It would cause the pedal to feel "right" then slowly lose it. Pumping would improve the performance. After MANY MANY bleeding sessions I depressed brake with the truck running and my ear down by the firewall and heard it hiss.

New booster and all was well. Just giving more ideas if it isn't fixed by now.

Oh, and I want beer if I am right :)

You may want to check the LSPV carefully. The valve has a bypass circuit to bleed off extra pressure in the rear based on load. I don't know about the Toyota design, but I have seen a Ford unit partially fail internally so that the line pressure would bleed through to the fluid return side of the valve... result is a slowly falling pedal as the rear circuit pressure bleeds back to the MC.

Chris

ElJefe said:
You may want to check the LSPV carefully. The valve has a bypass circuit to bleed off extra pressure in the rear based on load. I don't know about the Toyota design, but I have seen a Ford unit partially fail internally so that the line pressure would bleed through to the fluid return side of the valve... result is a slowly falling pedal as the rear circuit pressure bleeds back to the MC.

Chris
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help. I haven't driven it since last week but will tomorrow and I'll report on my findings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom