Marks adapter question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of assembling an H55 and late 87 transfer case for installation into an older cruiser with a V8 engine. Probably going to buy the Marks adapter for this project but have a question. What is the length of the Marks adapter from the face that attaches to the engine back to the face onto which the Toyota bellhousing attaches? Anybody help me with this info? I've also emailed Advance Adapters to see if they can provide the answer. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm in the process of assembling an H55 and late 87 transfer case for installation into an older cruiser with a V8 engine. Probably going to buy the Marks adapter for this project but have a question. What is the length of the Marks adapter from the face that attaches to the engine back to the face onto which the Toyota bellhousing attaches? Anybody help me with this info? I've also emailed Advance Adapters to see if they can provide the answer. Thanks in advance for any help.
just enough! 4.8"

Rob where did you get that dimension? Sounds about right to me.

From the site "Chev V8 fitted with 168T flywheel to FJ40, FJ45, FJ55, FJ60, FJ70 & FJ75 4 and 5-Speed Manual Kit part no. MFK560#### utilises the GM flywheel and clutch (MCK110) along with the Toyota bell housing. Instead of a new bell housing, a flywheel housing is supplied which measures 122 mm/4.8″ long. This housing has the GM bolt pattern on the front and the Toyota 1F, 2F, and 3F, bolt pattern on the rear."

Thought putting a H55F in an older 40 series the shorter AA or Downey bellhousing would be the way to go. Thought the advantage of Mark's was it would keep the transmission in the same location. Adding a five speed using the 60 series top cover moving the transmission forward was a advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom