Mark your Calendars! Cruiser Days 2023 is in Squamish! Howe Sound Secondary School, August 12, 9am (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All! Glenn - your trip itinerary looks fantastic, and really wish we could make it. I've attached the proposed 4wd route and campsites for Saturday evening in KML (Google Earth format).
Plan is to drive to Soo Valley just north of Emerald Estates in Whistler right after Cruiser Days. I hope to have the Soo Campsite scouted for space on Saturday (if it's too crowded the alternative site is Cougar-Showh). We will take the trail to the Cougar-Showh campsite, down to Showh lake and around a little loop, then up the far side (north slope of Cougar valley before looping back and down into Soo Valley. Please let me know who is interested so we have an idea on how many vehicles the campsite will need to accommodate. Counting the days!

Setting up in the shadow of the Chief!

IMG_0944.jpeg

What a great day, lots of familiar smiling faces (who‘s names I don’t recall, I need to make an overnight stay one of these outings and maybe some more names will stick better)

Big thanks to the organizers and the young lady who nailed it with the shirt design too!

IMG_3453.jpeg
IMG_3452.jpeg
IMG_3468.jpeg

A great time with several Squamish locals turning out. I counted about 50 trucks.

Steve T won Worst in Show for the green FJ40

Rob Millson won best in show with his client's BJ42

Glenn had to arm wrestle the visitor from Kamloops for the Iron Butt award.

John did not win the fridge because he wasn't there! :)

IMG_0956.jpeg

IMG_0955.jpeg

IMG_0945.jpeg

IMG_0943.jpeg

Excellent day 👍
I really liked the venue - thanks Squamish crew! Even busy as was to be expected on a sunny august saturday, the Sea to Sky was a treat compared to hwy 1 on Airshow weekend. Or NOT on airshow weekend!

Congrats to Redreefer Rob for most deservedly taking best in show, and thanks to the usual suspect(s) that made it happen yet again.

I didn't take a single picture this year so hopefully some more will get posted.

What a great turnout! Won a few prizes but didn't expect to end up riding down the mountain in an ambulance that night! Guys I want to give a big shoutout to all my fellow Coastal Cruiser mates that stepped up to help Patti out while I was apparently out of it with the medical issue I was having the first camping night of the Cruiser Days run.

So what happened to me? I don't mind sharing details, while finishing setting up camp I had this overwhelming pain in my lower abdomen, couldn't even think straight. Patti said I had 3 seizures too. Probably worried some of you guys. I remember bits and pieces, and hope I wasn't too rough on you guys, I do remember cursing everything under the sun and being pissed off that no one would give me a strong drink to help dull the pain. That evening was kind of a blur to me, until I got to the ambulance and the little ambulance dude gave me laughing gas for the ride down the mountain, which completely dulled the pain which was great. I think the ambulance driver has some offroad experience because she booted it back and the little dude forgot to seatbelt himself in and at one point he went flying and landed on my legs. They took me to Pemberton clinic which was closed, they called a nurse who showed up and took some tests and had a doctor on the line. All my vitals were good except for blood in the urine, so their best guess was a kidney stone. Next morning the doctor showed up and arranged a CT scan of my abdomen at Whistler hospital, Drew picked me up and brought me to Patti then we drove to Whistler. The scan showed negative - no stones - and the doctor there said there was no evidence that it was a kidney or gall stone at all, it is something else entirely. What, they didn't know. So they gave me a bunch of morphine (yay! I love morphine!) and sent us home and I'm to follow up with my doctor here. Right now it's about a day and a half after the initial attack and the pain has not yet subsided fully, although it's not as bad as it was the first night. Not sure what's going on, hopefully they figure it out.

You have no idea how much it means to me that you guys took care of Patti the next day and made sure she made it out safe the next day. Shout out to Drew who was mistakenly sent to Whistler hospital when I'd been at the Pemby clinic and zipped back to grab me. Thank you all.

20230812_182909.jpg

20230812_210014.jpg

20230813_123700.jpg

Holy crap Pete! Glad you got out "ok", keep us posted on the outcome. That's frightening ****.

Any leftover morphine could just be thrown in the raffle next month... :grinpimp:

Raffle does take donations; maybe if you find that stone, it could go in the next Mystery Prize! :grinpimp:

Seriously, so sorry that this happened! I hope you heal up soon!

Kudos also to all who helped out Pete and Patti. I love this club! :beer:

Last of the extended trip folk are home and here is the Trip Report

Pete, hope you're feeling better and figuring it out.

Thanks to the Squamish crew for hosting Cruiser Days 2023 and Rob for all his work making it happen.

On our way out in the AM I saw this kneeling mat on the road and picked it up. Would have been someone who left before us (Drew?) or from the HJ60 trip down the hill the night before. Let me know who's it is and will organize to get back.

gb

Mat.jpeg

Last of the extended trip folk are home and here is the Trip Report

Pete, hope you're feeling better and figuring it out.

Thanks to the Squamish crew for hosting Cruiser Days 2023 and Rob for all his work making it happen.

On our way out in the AM I saw this kneeling mat on the road and picked it up. Would have been someone who left before us (Drew?) or from the HJ60 trip down the hill the night before. Let me know who's it is and will organize to get back.

gb

View attachment 3406587
Yep that is mine. Thanks for picking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom