Mark your Calendars! Cruiser Days 2023 is in Squamish! Howe Sound Secondary School, August 12, 9am (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Hey Cruiserheads,

Change of venue this year.

We are heading north of the big smoke into the salt scented lush green wonderland of Squamish!

August 12 at Howe Sound Secondary School, Squamish B.C.

We have the parking lot and the field for our picnic activities.

More details to follow of course, but you know the usual awesome Cruiser community will be there!

Post up if you plan to come and if you'd be willing to help with setup/takedown.

:beer:

Thanks for finalizing the details, Rob!
Looking forward to having the event in Squamish this year, and planning an overnight camp on Sat for those that want to stay and play!

A big tentative yes! We'll be there for sure. We'll arrive on Friday so we can help set up Rob. There are at least 2 different post-event trips we've heard about through the grapevine, if anyone has details to share might be time to start planning them asap.

Last edited:
Raffle Update! So, I got a little carried away again this year for prizes. So far we have about 40, including

1) Ice Cool Fridge
2) Solar Panels
3) 2 propane fire pits
4) Makita Drill (Iron Butt)
5) Portable Welder (worst in show);

We also have T-Shirts! Light Gray will be $25 for paid-up club members, $30 for everyone else. Big thank-you to Sarah for producing the design this year! (yes, it has a 60 on it!). I'll also bring the jacket samples and toques that I have extras of.

No food plans this year as there are restaurants within walking distance, but please bring your picnic setups!

Entrance is by donation; members are free of course.

I'm REALLY hoping I'll have the 60 there at the show! Can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!

Look forward to seeing all of you there! :beer:

Thanks Rob! Really looking forward to seeing everyone from far and wide!

Oooh, i should make some holiday plans, I have potential for 2 prizes (4 and 5) :p
You're competing with my upper tailgate for #5! 😆. Hope to see you there Jeff. Drag Ciaran here with you!

Worst in show must arrive on their own power! :beer:

Proposed Chilcotin Trip (August 12, 2023 ... on)

Purpose:
Warm weather fun, laughs, adventure and comradery.
Participate in a ‘memory maker’ trip.
Justification for the inordinate time and expense we devote to our passion.

When:
Following the Cruiser Days Camp August 12 in Squamish onto the next weekend.
According to Franz the August 12 camp night, will be north of Squamish, along the Soo River.

Bailout Points:
The continuing trip is for a week, but people are encouraged to come for whatever duration they can manage. Therefore, I have identified 3 bailout points.
These are:
(1) Lillooet Pioneer Rd. east from Anderson Lake to Lillooet (paved),
(2) Churn Creek east via Meadow Lake Rd to Hwy 97, or
(3) East via Hwy 20 to Williams Lake.

Route Plan (Flexible):

Carol Lake

From first camp we head north, taking Highline Road (D’Arcy, Seton Portage, Carpenter Lake and camp at Carol Lake, which is beautiful small swimming lake just north of Carpenter Lake (Sunday night).

Swartz Lake
Next day we continue on Marshall Lake Road and continue north to Mud Lake Road and camp at Mud or Swartz Lake, just south of the V hill.

Churn Creek
Next day we head north via Gaspard Red Mountain FSR, and go through the gate (last report ‘open’) or bypass the gate, and turn east onto Main FSR, pass Gang Ranch and camp north of Churn Creek. Could be a long day. Churn Creek is the second bailout point across the Fraser to Hwy 97.

Farwell Canyon
Next day we backtrack to get on the Word Creek Rd heading northeast and take a goat track (2100 Rd) along the Fraser River passing the confluence with the Chilcotin River to Farwell Canyon for the night. The Chilcotin River is a raging river, with hoodoos and sand dunes just to the north. We could also take an interesting track into Sheep Junction Park to the confluence overlook of the Fraser and Chilcotin Rivers.
Heading north from Farwell Canyon is pavement and fuel available at the Toosey IR or east or west along Hwy 20. This is the third bailout point.

Nemiah Valley or Perkins Peak (optional)
Heading west there are two options (1) a loop through Nemiah Valley (camp at Fish Lake) or directly west to Perkins Peak (Camp at One Eye lake).

Forest Fires
A potential a show stopper as usual.

Thank you Glenn, for planning a great trip!

Hi All! Glenn - your trip itinerary looks fantastic, and really wish we could make it. I've attached the proposed 4wd route and campsites for Saturday evening in KML (Google Earth format).
Plan is to drive to Soo Valley just north of Emerald Estates in Whistler right after Cruiser Days. I hope to have the Soo Campsite scouted for space on Saturday (if it's too crowded the alternative site is Cougar-Showh). We will take the trail to the Cougar-Showh campsite, down to Showh lake and around a little loop, then up the far side (north slope of Cougar valley before looping back and down into Soo Valley. Please let me know who is interested so we have an idea on how many vehicles the campsite will need to accommodate. Counting the days!

Attachments

• Cougar Soo 23-05-28.kml
    139.1 KB · Views: 37
Here's a Snapshot from Google Earth file
1690421896909.png

Thanks to all for your work to make this all happen.

Just picked up my 80 from being parked for the winter and need to go over a few things, but if everything lines up I plan on being at Cruiser Days, the campout and going on the trip after.

gb

I might be able to meet @Glenn-BJ74 and the group at mud lakes on Monday and join in for the remainder of the trip. I figured you would be farther away Monday and out if range for me to catch up but this is not the case.
Glenn, what are our distances between civilisation on this trip? Any fill up points for us gas guzzlers. I know churn/Farwell can be an issue. I will pack fuel but need to gauge how much.

I might be able to meet @Glenn-BJ74 and the group at mud lakes on Monday and join in for the remainder of the trip. I figured you would be farther away Monday and out if range for me to catch up but this is not the case.
Glenn, what are our distances between civilisation on this trip? Any fill up points for us gas guzzlers. I know churn/Farwell can be an issue. I will pack fuel but need to gauge how much.
Hi Mike,
I will do a detailed distance calculation between fuel stops and get back you. I hope Drew comes because he is a mega fuel (gas) hauler.

The distance between Pemberton to Farwell Canyon (fuel to fuel) is a approximately 400 km.

The fuel station at D'Arcy is reported to be closed.

Seton Band Gas Bar 1-250-259-8146 Web site says its open 7 days a week 9-6pm, says its serve serve - card lock type?.
See below

I know Dog Creek near Churn Creek is open -- Hours Mon-Thur 8-6pm, Fri 8-5, Weekends 9-3pm
I know the Toosey gas bar (20 kn north) of Farwell Canyon is open Mon -Sat 8-9 pm and Sunday 9-9pm

Hwy 20 is good for fuel.

IMG_1489.jpeg

This looks like a lot of fun. Wish I could go. Look forward to pictures.

We can coordinate and meet at a preselected spot and time.

Few past trip pics
CAC46AC2-1AF9-43AD-8BFD-FE5F556FB4BC.jpeg

E9B0896F-B9A5-436E-9C53-71531ACCE60A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom