Marilu 2012 Upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is the only way to get a lot more torque capacity without a lot more pedal effort.

exist ..?

I was thinking in the Exedy way .. but if there any thing better I will go for that ..

Exedy can do custom clutches. It would be worth contacting them.

Just quick note ..

After contacting Exedy Australia and disusing my crazy setup with one of the experts there .. I got 2 part numbers to share from Exedy ..

The good part it's both part numbers appears to be available at Exedy USA and I'm just waiting confirmation the best place to put my order ..

The Pressure plate replacement for 31210-60120 ( stock 300 mm 1HD-T pressure plate ) it's

TYC617 which have about 2000 lbs of clamping load in the set position vs 1430 lbs on the stock PP

that should be an upgrade and help me there where I need the most ..

In the disc side the replacement part for Isuzu disc I'm using right now ( 8-97389910-0 ) Exedy have the ISD136U but they also can produce an custom one .. since the spline shape on the Isuzu one are sightly different from the Toyota one ..

I'm still not sure I would take the custom one over the standard Isuzu that's been working flawless until now ..

I would go for the stronger pressure plate and keep your current clutch plate.

2000lb vs 1430lb clamp will give you 40% more torque capacity straight up.

If I'm going to tear down my tranny .. I will replace both items as both bearings as well .. probably as I'm " in there " will do the rear main seal and only Gods know what other thing will cross my mind .. but knowing myself I really doubt will not end with the custom disc ..

my excuse .?

peace of mind .. ;)

One step closer

Sent from my big phone using IH8MUD
ForumRunner_20121027_142909.jpg

Today ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhfKC3sT9nc

I'm really happy with my 1HD-T performance .. it ran most of the time at 130°F Engine Oil Temp and most of the time was about 700°F EGT with something like 16 PSI coasting around 60mph ..

Today ...

Nice....

I got an Exedy clutch behind my SD33T. It is an 11" suited for the TD42 but works behind the SD33T no problems. I am real happy with it, it is a sweet clutch.

:cheers:

Damn dude,I just discovered this tread.......I visited David in December and we went for a spin in Marilu,that 80 is crazy fast.

And he didnt even mentioned what he had done to it,come on dude drop the humbleness and brag a little more about your great work:clap:.

Keep up the good work dude

Hasta luego

Joe

thanks my friend .. I'm not doing so much for these days .. not even finish Tencha radiator yet :eek: but I will ..

Congrats,however you know that Cruisers have to be sold at that mileage........I will make you an offer:p

Take care :cheers:

Congrats man!
Mine I still a baby and I have plenty of years left on that motor!
How many Kms have you put on that thing?

How is that clutch setup working for you? Just about to convert from my wholesale automatics transmission

Flawless all these years .. just recently I notice the time to replace it it's coming close .. since it's not grabbing like it used to do at full boost + alcohol in 4th gear ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom