March 27-28 at Badlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure your diff vent didn't get plugged up with mud, that could cause internal pressure that may cause a small leak. Also check that there is no play in the pinions, my rear leaked a while back an i had a very slight bit of slop in the pinion I guess due to the crush sleeve (stock gears). I replaced the seal, tightened the pinion and restaked the pinion nut and I have not had any issues since.

I had wondered about water getting in the front diff causing extra pressure inside the diff and causing the seal to let some of that out. Thanks Bill.

I would drain and replace the diff fluid just to make shure it didn't suck up some of that muck as well. But you probably already did that.

Should we add a diff fluid change to the goody list in the raffle so he might have a fighting chance?

here is a shot of Ron stuck & of Bills truck from our Badlands adventure
069.jpg
075.jpg

How many times do you have to go on Orange to know not to go in the water?

Actually this was Pink right behind the rock ledges where we take our group photos. It was surprisingly dry for the most part, but Ron and I seemed to find what mud there was. My 40 looks like a textured ceiling from the 70's!

Too bad you Chicago guys couldn't make it since this was one of the better Badlands trips in a while...wait a minute you guys are normally there...coincidence?!?! Seriously though it really was a better than normal time for some reason and I'm sorry you missed out. I took a couple of different turns here and there and found some cool trails that I hadn't seen before or hadn't seen in a long time. I am looking forward to the April trip already!

Clint

Yes I agree with the commander, this was a really good day of wheeling. Then I had a great day of golfing on Good Friday, so I'm hopeing that this weekend continues the trend.

Mark