March 27-28 at Badlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get the stockers I sent down to Ron, unless he's already given them to someone else.

Still have them. I am planning to be there on Sat. AM if I feel up to it. Have been having a few health challenges lately.

midget aids.

I'll take the stock shocks. Is there a price associated with said shocks or since they were "left behind"...

Yes, I am poor. :flipoff2:

And yes, it sucks!

VTX1300

Fox Valley

or

One in Elkhart for $400 less with 121 miles on it, but none of the extras. If they would budge just a little they would have it sold, but apparently the economy in Elkhart is so good they don't need to deal. :meh:
100_2455.JPG

Last edited:
VTX1300

Fox Valley

or

One in Elkhart for $400 less with 121 miles on it, but none of the extras. If they would budge just a little they would have it sold, but apparently the economy in Elkhart is so good they don't need to deal. :meh:

That'd be North End Cycle. No one buys from them- they are the king douches of motorcycle sales. Buddies of mine will travel for hours to buy from someone other than them.

Carnage from Saturday consisted of the u joint ball in the cardan not the u joints themselves. Also had to stop and take the window regulator out of the drivers door and throw some duct tape on Vicky's window due to a circuit breaker failure for the power windows, :censor: power windows!:mad:

Had a great time, every thing works great except the front drive shaft needs a little longer travel and need to get a cardan joint single shaft for the back.

Well my carnage was mechanical. Got back from the trails and noticed my right front tire was flat. There was a small hole in the sidewall...probably a thorn got it. My spare is a 31 and the rest of the tires are 33s so I was hoping some slime from the Badlands shop would do the trick. Clint et all convinced me that wouldn't work on a sidewall so out came the spare. My rear diff had already had a very small leak at the pinion and I had topped it off before the trip. Clint followed me home and by the time we got to Indy, the front of his truck was covered in diff oil. The rear leak had really gotten much worse and the front (where the spare was) diff was also now leaking where it wasn't before. I am sure I also didn't help things by getting stuck in a lake of mud and water in the AM. I just hope I haven't done any diff damage. So that is interesting. Would putting a smaller tire on one side cause the pinion seal to start leaking? If so, how would that work?

Well my carnage was mechanical. Got back from the trails and noticed my right front tire was flat. There was a small hole in the sidewall...probably a thorn got it. My spare is a 31 and the rest of the tires are 33s so I was hoping some slime from the Badlands shop would do the trick. Clint et all convinced me that wouldn't work on a sidewall so out came the spare. My rear diff had already had a very small leak at the pinion and I had topped it off before the trip. Clint followed me home and by the time we got to Indy, the front of his truck was covered in diff oil. The rear leak had really gotten much worse and the front (where the spare was) diff was also now leaking where it wasn't before. I am sure I also didn't help things by getting stuck in a lake of mud and water in the AM. I just hope I haven't done any diff damage. So that is interesting. Would putting a smaller tire on one side cause the pinion seal to start leaking? If so, how would that work?

Nah, it wouldnt make a pinion seal leak.

I think thats how I toasted a rear R&P at the badlands 2 years ago (hoosier hoedown IIRC) I showed up to camp leaking from the rear outer seal, and by sunday afternoon I was missing teeth. It might not be a bad idea (If your in there already) to inspect for stress cracks in the teeth. But then again those were yukons, and they are known to do that. OEM is much stronger.

That'd be North End Cycle. No one buys from them- they are the king douches of motorcycle sales. Buddies of mine will travel for hours to buy from someone other than them.

They are indeed the king douches. We drove all the way down there again tonight after being told over and over that they would give us $2800 for our trade and guaranteed $2500 even if it wasn't what we said.

Of course when we got there they said they would give us $2500. I told them to load it back up on the trailer. I would rather sell it myself.

The salesman tried to sell us the parts they took off the bike we were buying for 5X what they were worth. He told us the stock pipe was worth $500. I offered to show him on VTXOA the half dozen that were selling for $75.

After some more words we drove back without their bike.

Douche bags.

wow....

They are indeed the king douches. We drove all the way down there again tonight after being told over and over that they would give us $2800 for our trade and guaranteed $2500 even if it wasn't what we said.

Of course when we got there they said they would give us $2500. I told them to load it back up on the trailer. I would rather sell it myself.

The salesman tried to sell us the parts they took off the bike we were buying for 5X what they were worth. He told us the stock pipe was worth $500. I offered to show him on VTXOA the half dozen that were selling for $75.

After some more words we drove back without their bike.

Douche bags.

Thanks for stopping by to say "hi", numbnuts.:flipoff2:

The rear leak had really gotten much worse and the front (where the spare was) diff was also now leaking where it wasn't before. I am sure I also didn't help things by getting stuck in a lake of mud and water in the AM. I just hope I haven't done any diff damage. So that is interesting. Would putting a smaller tire on one side cause the pinion seal to start leaking? If so, how would that work?

Make sure your diff vent didn't get plugged up with mud, that could cause internal pressure that may cause a small leak. Also check that there is no play in the pinions, my rear leaked a while back an i had a very slight bit of slop in the pinion I guess due to the crush sleeve (stock gears). I replaced the seal, tightened the pinion and restaked the pinion nut and I have not had any issues since.