Making a 5 pin warn winch remote using a 3 pin warn winch remote (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Fellas,

I just upgraded to a warn "control pack" which puts the albright solenoid packaging neatly on top of a Warn M8000 and cleans it up nicely. Trouble is, now I need a 5 wire pin remote controller. Rather than purchasing a whole new deal, I was thinking I can actually introduce two new pins into the existing 3 pin plug (on the remote end) and use a 5 wire cable/conductor. Where can folks purchase these pins? I have couple of 3-pin remotes that are not doing much of anything so I figured i can see if this endeavor is worth the effort. I don't know if these are Molex connector pins but I'm sure Digikey and similar vendors prolly carry them with a min purchase of 50 :hillbilly:

I do need to purchase a pin extraction then figure out the pin specs before ordering. If someone already knows this info, please pass it on!

1598210574152.png
1598210599906.png

1598210996217.png

Last edited:
I thought the Albright only had 3 control pins. Can't you just swap the socket and use the 3 pin controller as is?

I thought the Albright only had 3 control pins. Can't you just swap the socket and use the 3 pin controller as is?

This contraption needs all 5 wires - I opened up the packaging and saw the evidence. I assume it's an Albright but no writings were on the unit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom