Maintenance work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After

IMG_20180114_083040340_HDR.jpg

Wife, "I think I like the 'before'."
Me, "Yeah. Why is that?"
Wife, "They fit the wheel wells better, but the were so dam loud!"

Found this old post by serching the main module part number 00014-S0200.
Situation: Wife drove our 80 home, parked it. No worries. 2 or 3 weeks later, I attempted to start it. Crank, no start. Checked fuel level. It was low so canned in 5 gallons and tried again. Crank, no start. Pulled plug wire off back of cap, stuck a nail in it, had another attempt to start while I looked for spark. No spark. Tried the same test on the main wire from coil to center of cap. No spark. Ran to parts store for stuff; coil, wires, plugs ,cap and rotor. Swapped them out. Crank, no start.
Friend suggested hunting alarm wires down, and removing it. Done. Crank and no start.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

View attachment 1855772

I would first replace the fusable links. buy two of them from Mr. Toyota, leave one in the glove box.

A Big Thank You to @2fpower for your suggestion.
I would first replace the fusable links. buy two of them from Mr. Toyota, leave one in the glove box.
It worked like a charm. Once installed the engine cranked, fired off, and purred like a kitten. I also noticed the throttle response was much better after replacing the plugs, wires, cap, and coil.

@2fpower , Does this mean I owe you another 6 pack?

While tinkering on the 80 last night, I installed an aftermarket speaker in the lower dash, drivers side. I had installed the lower passenger side some time ago. I have two more that I may install in the way back rear, or keep to install in the 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom