Magnaflow Muffler on 2019 Sequoia drone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After months of research I finally pulled the trigger on an 18” magnaflow muffler for my 19 sequoia. This seemed to be a conservative way to get a lower exhaust tone , a little more power, and minimal drone. All I did was swap mufflers. The drone at 1600 rpm is unbearable - especially with family in tow. I’m considering a few options and looking for feedback.

Option 1 - wait for muffler to break in and hope that it’s enough of a change in frequencies to soften the drone.
Option 2 - put a different exhaust tip and hope it changes frequency enough
Option 3 - resonator delete
Option 4 - cut my losses and go back to stock.

Appreciate anyone with similar experiences or thoughts on how best to address. Many thanks!!!

Not sure you will be able to eliminate that drone. Tip or resonator wont do much.

Have you spoke with Keith @ Dirty Deeds? He is great and is usually eager to help.

Pricey, but designed/custom made for the Sequoia. Different muffler length options for sound volume.

Current sale he's running for the Tundra:

They may work with you on a sale price for the Sequoia, idk.

Last edited:
I have a Dirty Deeds exhaust and love it. It came with a Hemholtz resonator that you can attach to your tailpipe (you drill a hole in your tailpipe and clamp this over it and it captures some of the sound waves, thus reducing the drone) .....I never used mine as I liked the deeper sound.

He sells them separately:

I'd sell you mine if you're interested. No guarantees it will give you the amount of quietness you want though.

My Tundra has the TRD exhaust and it’s got great sound with zero drone. Not sure if it adds much power (I’ve read it might add 5-8?) but since the 5.7 puts out 380+ already, I give zero schitz. I’m not an expert, but it seems every time I add a Flowmaster or Magnaflow I end up with some sort of drone. My Sequoia has one of the two, although I don’t recall which as the PO had it installed, and it doesn’t drone. He may have had other things done though to compensate.

Thanks all for the feedback. I had indeed checked out Dirty Deeds and was hoping to do something a little more cost effective initially. It seems if I want to greatly reduce the tone, and more complete catback system might be my only option. I’m going to give it another couple weeks to see if it changes it all as the muffler breaks in (I hear up to 1,000 miles for the magnaflow due to metallic insulation used within). May also throw a bolt on tip on there just to experiment and see if it has an impact. If that all fails, I’ll just go back to the stock muffler. While I like the sound most of the time, the drone is a bit much for my family hauler!!

Yeah I got my Dirty Deeds for $800 shipped …….they’ve gone up quite a bit! They do have group buys and sales sometimes. Give the owner, Keith, a call. He’s very friendly and may be able to give you some more insight to sales etc.
(760)877-4234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom