MagnaFlow 23120 Y-pipe Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dragging this back up cause I wanna know too
My y pipe has developed a crack around the upstream o2 sensor. Plan to get the magnaflow and delete 2nd cat.

So whats the question?

Is there anything else needed to mate the other of the magnaflow to the oem exhaust

Also does the downstream sensor stay or go?

Is there anything else needed to mate the other of the magnaflow to the oem exhaust

Also does the downstream sensor stay or go?
Gotcha, i scrapped the factory exhaust when i swapped in the Magnaflow. I had a local shop reuse the factory flange for my new exhaust and they also reused the downstream O2 sensor mount. Cut them off the old, weld onto the new.

The Magnaflow will come with new gaskets, so barring any seized up bolts you shouldnt have to buy anything else to bolt it right up to the OEM system.

Hi
I just ordered the magnaflow y-pipe off of Amazon. Is there a way that I can confirm that I was shipped the genuine magnaflow part and not the Bosal knock off without installing the part?
I’d like to just return it if they sent me the lesser part.
Thanks
Brian

Hi
I just ordered the magnaflow y-pipe off of Amazon. Is there a way that I can confirm that I was shipped the genuine magnaflow part and not the Bosal knock off without installing the part?
I’d like to just return it if they sent me the lesser part.
Thanks
Brian

When you receive it, open the box and look inside.

Look at the following thread for good/bad pics. There are many more threads if you do a quick search for "Magnaflow" in this forum.

There is a CA version and a Non-CA version. Make sure you got the right one!

Gotcha, i scrapped the factory exhaust when i swapped in the Magnaflow. I had a local shop reuse the factory flange for my new exhaust and they also reused the downstream O2 sensor mount. Cut them off the old, weld onto the new.

The Magnaflow will come with new gaskets, so barring any seized up bolts you shouldnt have to buy anything else to bolt it right up to the OEM system.
Question about the o2 sensors. Installing a 23120 on my 94 and only running the single cat. Does it matter which o2 sensor (left or right on the 94) I install upstream and downstream of the cat? I understand that the sensors are identical (correct me if I am wrong) but I imagine that the harnesses input to different ports on the computer. I may just say screw it and rip out the PAIR valve to get the sensors out harms way!

The 94 dosen't have a downstream O2 sensor and the magnaflow only has 1 flange for the upstream O2. An easy option would be to move your o2's to the exhaust manifold and delete the PAIR system. Otherwise i imagine it would be possible to splice the o2 connectors so that the ECU sees the input albeit a duplicated signal.

Question about the o2 sensors. Installing a 23120 on my 94 and only running the single cat. Does it matter which o2 sensor (left or right on the 94) I install upstream and downstream of the cat? I understand that the sensors are identical (correct me if I am wrong) but I imagine that the harnesses input to different ports on the computer. I may just say screw it and rip out the PAIR valve to get the sensors out harms way!

That's the way to do it, pull the PAIR off and put the sensors in the manifold. Super easy to access.

That's the way to do it, pull the PAIR off and put the sensors in the manifold. Super easy to access.
Thanks. So for the pair delete and o2 relocation, I should only need :
-A cap for the PAIR valve tap off the air filter housing
-two o2 sensors for the manifold
-a Wits’ End keychain for the Magnaflow bung upstream
-3 o2 sensor gaskets
-15 minutes
-and a pint of beer.

Anything I am missing?

You could even use the old o2 sensor as a plug instead of a keychain that’s what I did on my 94.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom