MagnaFlow 23120 Y-pipe Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this part and topic has been beat to death but I have some specific questions that I didn't find after searching. I apologize if I missed the answers in previous threads.

I am getting ready to replace my y pipe with the Magnaflow 23120...hopefully I get the Magnaflow and not the Bosal. We will see when it arrives, if not I will send it back.

I am currently running a Y pipe made by a local exhaust shop a long time ago so I don't have access to an OEM one. I do remember they OEM on had a bracket that bolted somewhere on the fire wall. Does the Magnaflow y pipe use or need this bracket?

What is everyone doing to attach the pipe after the Magnaflow y pipe cat? I have used Vibrant flanges in the past, will one of these work? What size is the outlet of the Magnaflow cat?

On mine the bracket is mounted to the motor IIRC. I didn't clamp it to the pipe though but it's right there next to it if I wanted to. I've been running over a year with no issues.

The other end bolts straight to the stock second cat. If that is aftermarket or you're eliminating that second cat then you'll have to do some mods. I'm planning on eliminating my second cat when I replace the rest of the exhaust.

Also I would recommend on going ahead and ordering new OEM studs, nuts, and gaskets for the manifold side of the Y. The magnaflow gaskets are horrible and I had mine on and off 4 times before I got it completely sealed up by replacing the studs, nuts, and gaskets. I had to pull the manifolds to drill the broken studs out.

So you dont have the support bracket on anymore? I just threw a hose clamp around it. Allows a little flex but keeps it tight.

I posted my exhaust a few days ago in another thread. The bosal muffler and pipe I bought had a hanger on the flange that hooks up to the second cat.

My exhaust is solid, no additional hangers needed. Let me know if you need more info.

7019FFCB-10E4-48B2-BE65-EFD4372FC1F2.png

I called my local dealer and they have the nuts, studs in stock. I had a set of gaskets so I have that part covered.

The only thing I need now is a flange to mate up to the outlet of the Magnaflow cat. I don't plan to run a second cat, just the one with the y pipe. I found another thread after some additional searching where @VFRMAN looks like used a flange. Hopefully he sees my PM and remembers what he used. His looks really clean.

I will keep you guys posted.

Get a stainless exhaust clamp with the clamp bolt, I used the hose clamp method as my stock clamp rusted through... the hose clamp allowed the down pipe to flex and caused exhaust flange leaks, and bent the flange of the header at the manifold.

The y pipe really flexed enough to cause leaks? I would think the manifold to Y flanges being bolted with 4 studs kept things fairly secure.

Why not just buy the RIGHT one from toyToy once?

I looked for it on the web, could not locate it so I bought a stainless one.

I looked for it on the web, could not locate it so I bought a stainless one.
Use partsouq for the part number then check other locals.

Any input on the flange that mates up to the exit of the Magnaflow cat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom