M101A1 overlanding build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here is the link to my 1968 M101A1 trailer overlanding trailer. Took about 3 months, still not done, I would like to swap the axle and tires but not a high priority at the moment.

First pic is my 03LC, 3 in OME lift, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 275/70R/18, they run great, smooth and quiet. Rust free CA truck with 235,000 miles.

Next pic is the M1101 that I thought I wanted and when I picked it up from the gov liquidation site knew it was a bad choice, way too wide.

Pics cover most aspects of the build, clean up, getting a handle on the rust, paint, all new wiring, pull out kitchen, sleeping platform, hi-lift jack mounted, front storage and other features. The tongue was extended, harbour freight tongue box and jerry can holders now have plenty of room. The set up allows for a standard ball or switch to an off road set up.

Still lots of bugs to work out and need to take it on the first trip with my sons but for the most part done.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z8ezWP6Wggu9aMx33

Last edited:
Hey Mike,

I can't get to the pictures, could you post them here on MUD? Sounds like a nice set up.

New link above, I am not a tech guy.

Thanks for looking

Looks great. I see you still have the E-brakes, what type of brake (electric) are you using.

Looks great. I see you still have the E-brakes, what type of brake (electric) are you using.
Nope, no electric brakes, I’m pretty easy on it and have not had any issues.

@1428Mike that looks like a sweet set up. Hope to see it in action in the near future. Take care brother,

Travis.

Photos worked for me. Looks really nice.

If he would ever get back on, there’s lots of improvements he has made. The trailer makes my set up seem downright uncivilized. He keeps refining the functional aspects after each trip.

Latest configuration with my good buddies Comet and Rufus,

as well as a totally unnecessary
IMG_1135.jpeg
IMG_1275.png

glamour shot.

Spectacular trip. I even slept under that table when Rufus was napping under the trailer.

Latest iteration of the kitchen, swapped out old hinges for a coffee tabletop hinge, more efficient and much more workspace. Used an old cutting board, cut to size on corner of lower surface for prep
IMG_1604.jpg

Latest configuration with my good buddies Comet and Rufus,

as well as a totally unnecessaryView attachment 2039637View attachment 2039638
glamour shot.

How do you like towing this with original axle tires and rims? I’m thinking of doing the dexter axle swap.....

Latest iteration of the kitchen, swapped out old hinges for a coffee tabletop hinge, more efficient and much more workspace. Used an old cutting board, cut to size on corner of lower surface for prepView attachment 2047219

Love the pop up stand. I saw this on another rig somewhere and was sold that it adds valuable space. What are the dimensions of your drawers and how did you make them if you don’t mind me asking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom