M&M Auto Parts/Recyclers in Fredericksburg? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone pass on experiences with M&M Auto recyclers in Fredericksburg/Stafford?

Are they interested in retail sales or are they focused on selling to businesses or just scrapping? I know some yards don't care too much for sales to individuals.

I just called there to ask about some front end parts from a late 80s truck which their website shows they received in OCT 07 and which still shows most parts available. (I know it's quite possible that they dont update the website...)

I got a "Whatta ya want" from the gentleman on the phone, and before I finished the part description I got a "don't have that, too old for us," and that was the end of the conversation. (Pretty obvious he didnt check inventory; maybe he just knows the inventory so ok...).

I figured they were busy and the guy didnt have the time or inclination to check, so I called another location in hope of finding someone else who might actually look up the parts; turns out that all the phones are linked so the Prince William location phone was answered by the same guy I called in Stafford. This time I got "I just talked to you SIR and we STILL dont have it! We don't have an X,Y,Z!"

So, of course I said "You have a truck listed on the website that you received in OCT 07 and you have NO PARTS left from that truck?"

His response was "Those photos could have been taken 20 years ago! And we still don't have it, SIR."

I thanked him and hung up. I'm sure it was something I did wrong...

what part are you looking for? I want to call him and bug 'em...

bk

post up the #. its one thing to say no we do not sell to the public or we just scrap its anithe to be rude. post the # I'd like in this game

Vehicle Detail

Anybody recognize recognize this one? Website says it arrived OCT 07. 88 FJ62.

If anyone has better luck negotiating with them, I want dibs on the lower tailgate, and maybe the front doors...

540-373-0440

It is funny the guys says the pictures could have been taken 20 years ago when the digital stamp on the photo clearly shows 10/12/2007

I think that place has a sign on it that lists retails hours. I think. Did you try to submit a parts request online?

You might also want to check car-parts.com

Their website lists the truck as having been received the same day as the image stamp, and I let him know that. He just repeated that they didn't have it.

They do supposedly conduct retail hours M-F, and maybe I'll try to make it over there some day when I'm not working, but I don't have high hopes.

They obviously weren't interested that day.

Unless the truck went to the crusher (say it ain't so) between last OCT and now, it's out there...

At any rate, they'd probably want 10x what the parts are worth...I did a search on car-part.com and got replies but at ridiculous prices.

What are you looking for? Might just have it here at the shop.

Cam

try tow truck dan. he had a spare 60 series that he was trying to get rid of.... dmtow i think is his mud name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom