LX600 Orders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not going to order one, will likely wait until they are on the streets so that we can test drive one, but it's on the short list for the misses new ride.

It's mental. People are paying $10k market adjustments to get the new Telluride. Even in this market, I cannot imagine being in that position a few years later after paying that markup, then putting minimal money down and financing it for 84 months. Just so crazy.
I have to laugh at the 84 months financing. I was explaining to someone that I have less time before I retire than most folks have for new car loans.

Dealership called me a few days ago asking for my interior and exterior color preferences.

No VIN yet, but things must be moving along…

Dealership called me a few days ago asking for my interior and exterior color preferences.

No VIN yet, but things must be moving along…

VIN is not assigned until frame is manufactured.

You’ve got a ways to wait for that. 300 series backlog is now pushing to 2024, globally.

LX demand might match it. The Arabs are going to get first pickings of the LX as well.

Vehicle allocation will be interesting to see how Toyota responds to demand.

There is only ONE plant manufacturing LC/LX for the entire planet. :lol:

VIN is not assigned until frame is manufactured.

You’ve got a ways to wait for that. 300 series backlog is now pushing to 2024, globally.

LX demand might match it. The Arabs are going to get first pickings of the LX as well.

Vehicle allocation will be interesting to see how Toyota responds to demand.

There is only ONE plant manufacturing LC/LX for the entire planet. :lol:
I’d imagine US will get a handful of 2022’s, that’s it. Many with a 2022 “order” will not be receiving it anytime soon, that’s the reality for many brands right now.

I’d imagine US will get a handful of 2022’s, that’s it. Many with a 2022 “order” will not be receiving it anytime soon, that’s the reality for many brands right now.
That may be the case although I have seen a few reports of the chip backlog easing for multiple manufacturers. Here’s hoping.

In speaking to a couple of local dealerships, sounds like they are expecting a similar amount of 2022’s a month as the 2021’s they were getting. They were getting about 2 a month. Even with the chip shortage, that’s a fairly manageable amount. However, the reality is no one knows for sure and if they tell you otherwise they are full of s***. One thing is for sure, if you are in the market for a 600 I’d be finding a dealership who will take a deposit for a spot in line or it really will be 2024 before you get one. I’m #7 at the dealership I put it in with.

^^^. Agreed. Dealers are the last to know anything.

Best source of information is to follow Toyota manufacturing information. Supply chain news. Etc. This will provide way more insight.
Absolutely accurate. Programs, incentives, bonuses, allotments, financial programs, etc. all change nearly every month from most OEM's. Manufacturers do not benefit from dealers sandbagging deals, etc. which always occurs when dealers preemptively have this information. Expect most dealers in the majority of situations to receive OEM info at roughly the same time as the general public.

That may be the case although I have seen a few reports of the chip backlog easing for multiple manufacturers. Here’s hoping.

"Magnesium shortage" will be the future "Chip Shortage".

China ain't got no Aussie coal to burn and be mining or makin' stuff...

It ain't 2019 no more...

Peace

We're all guessing here, but IMO that will not be the case. Even so, the chip shortage is just one of the many issues dealers are faced with in reference to new car allocation. I think like the other poster said, expect most dealers in larger markets to maybe get a few up front and then 1-2 monthly after that for the entire model year. There may be some exceptions due to many reasons, and maybe a few surprises, but the vast majority of people expecting LX600s next year are in for some real disappointment.

Keep in mind this is not unique to the LX600 or Toyota or Lexus as a whole.

Just put a deposit down to hold my place in line. I’m #7. Alternatively, I spoke to a guy at a local Toyota dealership and he said they’ve had so many reservations for tundras they are easily now into 2023.
That’s crazy! I put in my deposit this week for a 2022 Tundra and was told most likely December (non-hybrid though).

That’s crazy! I put in my deposit this week for a 2022 Tundra and was told most likely December (non-hybrid though).
If we had 100 2022 Tundra's dropped at a dealership here in UT today they would be gone by the end of the day. It will be interesting to see how prepared Toyota is to meet the upcoming demand. When I called on the Tundra the guy didn't tell me how many reservations they had... probably cause I hung up on him as soon as he said 2024 :flipoff2:

If we had 100 2022 Tundra's dropped at a dealership here in UT today they would be gone by the end of the day. It will be interesting to see how prepared Toyota is to meet the upcoming demand. When I called on the Tundra the guy didn't tell me how many reservations they had... probably cause I hung up on him as soon as he said 2024 :flipoff2:
I’ve been bugging the Toyota dealer every few days for the last month to make sure they called as soon as I could reserve a spot. I’m interested to see when I’ll actually take possession of one.

There is always a big disparity in the number of people who reserve without true earnest money and the number of people who intend to buy at the moment the vehicle arrives.

#10 can become #1 or #2 real quickly when the dealer starts calling and discovers: it isn’t the right color, equipment, time to make the purchase, they were really a broker/flipper, live out of state, already bought a Range Rover, etc.

If you have a good relationship and communication with a decent size dealer in your market, things usually work out well!

The LX will be a cool vehicle, but that grille, maybe @OGBeno can source a 300 series Land Cruiser front from over seas and start offering conversion kits!

I always forget the test drive portion. Lol. Living in the sticks has its disadvantages.
Not sure what the F sport will be. But it looks better than the chromed out base.

Also JDM comes with 18s.

Wonder if you can get a leveling kit like with the 200s and get the Japanese 18 inch wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom