LX570 gets some sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New sliders on the LX570
I went with the MetalTech ones, the install in the 570 includes unbolting the entire AHC system from the frame rails and placing a gusset plate along the frame which your outriggers for the sliders to attach to. For tools I used short box/ratchet wrenches, 3/8th and 1/4 drive sockets, short and long extensions and angle attachments to get in between the AHC system and the frame and vs versa. I will say this system is solidly built to handle the weight of the rig. I wish there was a bit more angle to the sliders to create a little more clearance there but definitely like the kickout design. Allow yourself 2 days, 8 dunkin coffees, 1/2 bottle of bourbon ( after day one and two), and ear plugs for the children.
Definitely start by reading those directions about 5x they are ok, but reading it over a few times helps. Definitely definitely go throught the hardware pack and make sure you have everything. If your missing something let me know they sent me two hardware packs accidentally, thank god for flat rate shipping.
Maybe even start a day ahead by removing/ trimming the old steps. I put on a set of LC200, not needed either way to get the sliders just right you still have to trim them.

I started with the truck in high to provide more room to work. Removed / unbolt the AHC, you don’t actually remove it just unbolting creates the space for the plate to slide behind, slide up the gusset plate, and mark the locations for the rivnuts. Take your time to make sure you have the location of the plate properly aligned front to back if you don’t it will effect how close the ends will be to your wheels and the amount of rocker trimming required. Drill bits, make sure they are sharp. One item that helped alot was using the stepped drill bits, they are not cheap but seem to make a cleaner hole and didnt catch the overlapping layers of metal in the frame as much. If it happens it creates a fun little metal peice inside which needs to be trimmed or it effects how good those rivnuts sit. When you bolt up the plate make sure it is tight to the bottom and side of the frame. Once bolted up take your time and bold back up all the AHC. This is where the smaller wrenches and 1/4 drive are handy to fit in the tight spaces to get the bolts started. Next bolt on your outriggers and hang your sliders. They are not light so if you can add some hands or a good placed jack to catch a few bolts it helps to keep it from dropping in your head and creating a nice divet or egg. If you have the energy head over to the other side, if not take the day. Powering through may get you into trouble and having a fresh mind to drill those other holes is a good thing. If you took the day lay out the bolts for tomorrow and enjoy the bourbon. The hardware pack for this is huge, plenty to lay out. Second bourbon.
Next day coffee and repeat the day before. I held off on the dimples (AHC protector plates) each have 16 or 18 bolts per side that it is tedious unless you are wheeling right when you are done they can wait….like mine for 2 months. When all bolted up they look good, the kickout is just right and they are just a hair higher than the bottom of the frame rail.

IMG_9413.jpeg

IMG_9360.jpeg

IMG_9362.jpeg

IMG_9370.jpeg

IMG_9369.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom