LX470 w 67,00 miles - what would you pay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I could use some expert insight. I am seriously looking at a 2004 LX470 and trying to determine what it is really worth. Here are the facts as I know them.

67,000 miles | excellent condition | all systems operating | pearl white | clear coat good but rock chips on hood | bumpers repainted | tan leather excellent | no leaks or seapage | ACH works | 100% rust free | 4LO working

Maintenance: recent TB, water pump, serp belt, heater Ts, front axles and CV boots, new tires, good service records with routine engine oil changes and the scheduled service at 10k, 20k, etc.

Needs: side view mirror actuator broken but seller has a replacement that needs to be installed, hood to be repainted or touched up, engine cover rattles in cold weather

I know this is rare with the low mileage but I do not see LX470's commanding the kind of premium as earlier vintages such as LC FJ80 or LX450 that seem to have become more collectable.

What would you pay?

You say 100% rust free, but that means different things to different people. What does the undercarriage look like? Where has the vehicle spent most of it's life? This affects the value considerably. Assuming it's from southwest and you could eat off the bottom, I would say low to mid 30s. Check out bringatrailer and cars and bids for comps.

Cars & Bids - https://carsandbids.com/search?q=lx470 (CaB doesn't have a nice helpful chart like BaT)

You'll notice that the insane prices of a few years ago have cooled off, but clean examples are still bringing good money.
Like smoltz said, undercarriage condition is probably one of the biggest deciders. Light surface rust doesn't faze me, but your average BaT bidder will be more than happy to point it out.

Mid $20s

I have not seen the frame, but I will. Spent most of its life in Charlotte, NC, then Dallas. Ill check out BAT and carsandbids.

Thanks gents.

I would say an LX 470 with those miles and in excellent condition to be mid to mid/high $20,000s. I recently purchased a 2005 Land Cruiser with 70,000 that was in excellent condition. 1 owner with all records. Took it to an extremely reputable Toyota master mechanic (not a dealer mechanic) in my area to baseline. He ranked it a 9/10. Be ready to service the following: TB, WP, pulleys/tensioners, heater ts, axles, flush all lines, brakes, maybe valve covers, and spark plugs. I say this so you can take those costs possibly into consideration in your purchase price. Good luck!!!

You say 100% rust free, but that means different things to different people. What does the undercarriage look like? Where has the vehicle spent most of it's life? This affects the value considerably. Assuming it's from southwest and you could eat off the bottom, I would say low to mid 30s. Check out bringatrailer and cars and bids for comps.
I read your post more closely. Disregard half what I said. You’re looking at mid to high $20,000s.

I would say an LX 470 with those miles and in excellent condition to be mid to mid/high $20,000s. I recently purchased a 2005 Land Cruiser with 70,000 that was in excellent condition. 1 owner with all records. Took it to an extremely reputable Toyota master mechanic (not a dealer mechanic) in my area to baseline. He ranked it a 9/10. Be ready to service the following: TB, WP, pulleys/tensioners, heater ts, axles, flush all lines, brakes, maybe valve covers, and spark plugs. I say this so you can take those costs possibly into consideration in your purchase price. Good luck!!!
that's quite the find. What did you give for yours if you are willing to share?

OK, I got lots of photos. It was a FL car most of its life, then SC, then TX. Undercarriage is indeed rust free, all paint intact, no peeling or flaking, and with a wipe down I would probably eat off of it. :)

It had an inspection 3,000 miles ago and the Lexus dealer found nothing. I have plans to see it on Monday. I will go over it top to bottom.

THANK YOU for the insight.

OK, I got lots of photos. It was a FL car most of its life, then SC, then TX. Undercarriage is indeed rust free, all paint intact, no peeling or flaking, and with a wipe down I would probably eat off of it. :)

It had an inspection 3,000 miles ago and the Lexus dealer found nothing. I have plans to see it on Monday. I will go over it top to bottom.

THANK YOU for the insight.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Update: Picked this gem up on 3/25/2024. All checked out brilliantly.

Issues I will want to address:

- the four main speakers rattle so I need to replace
- Trans fluid does not look fresh so I will change that
- uncertain if fluids changed (trans, f/r diff, transfer case) - trying to get this info from last owner who was a LX or Toyota tech otherwise I will change
- touch up the six or so very small rock chips on hood
- touch up an app 6" scrape on rear bumper

Otherwise the vehicle really runs, drives, and looks like new.

Thank you guys for your hep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom