LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey! This is really cool! I've been hoping for something like this for a while now. I'm going to add to the barrage of questions...

Can you add apps via google play? For example, would I be able to download the Alltrails or Gaia apps and run those?

Thanks for all the info! You should be getting a kickback from T'eyes!

Great thread!
The Tesla-style screen is intriguing, but this looks like a less-involved option to upgrade the display while keeping many OEM controls.

They're heavily discounted at the moment. With coupon the total came to $404 USD.
teyes.jpg

Received a $15 off coupon by adding items to the shopping cart, filling out contact info (as if you were checking out), then closing the tab/browser. A day or two later received a "reminder" email about items left in the cart, along with a coupon code.

I just ordered a screen and back up camera. Does anyone know how to install and run the backup camera?

Same. I went back and added a backup camera too. Seems good quality for about $40.

Install is probably the standard 12v accessory power w/ a long RCA cable.

Really interested in this as I was going to start searching for used parts from the middle east to switch back to non nav. The grom unit while it works I am just not overall happy with especially the hands free calling.

So for those who have purchased it... It seems the stock backup camera works still? Not the end of the world but I am not particularly motivated to wire another rear camera.

Steering wheel controls still work?

Hands free calling works with onboard car mic?

I assume the TPS light will still come on on the dash just not notify me on the screen?

Just trying to figure out what functionality I will lose. I can't look at YouTube unfortunately for videos on the unit. Thanks in advance!

I hope in the next couple of weeks someone can post how to set up the rear camera either OEM or aftermarket. That's the only thing I'm nervous about in regards to the install. For those that don't know there is a whole suite of accessories like parking sensors, collision warning, and lane departure warnings as well as video recording that can integrate with this system.

I hope in the next couple of weeks someone can post how to set up the rear camera either OEM or aftermarket. That's the only thing I'm nervous about in regards to the install. For those that don't know there is a whole suite of accessories like parking sensors, collision warning, and lane departure warnings as well as video recording that can integrate with this system.

I've got the head unit, and their (Teyes) rear camera sitting on the bench. '03 didn't come with an OEM camera (and a tire carrier means I can't make use of it anyway), but as I'll have to go through install anyway...what questions do you have? The unit ships with instructions on connecting a camera. Like the rest of the instructions, it's a little obtuse, but I don't expect too much trouble. Happy to take few pictures if it helps someone.

I've got the head unit, and their (Teyes) rear camera sitting on the bench. '03 didn't come with an OEM camera (and a tire carrier means I can't make use of it anyway), but as I'll have to go through install anyway...what questions do you have? The unit ships with instructions on connecting a camera. Like the rest of the instructions, it's a little obtuse, but I don't expect too much trouble. Happy to take few pictures if it helps someone.

I looked at the wiring diagram on their website it was a bit confusing. Do we have supply a separate power line from a tail light. I hate tapping into wires. I'm looking for a cleaner way to install if possible.

Im assuming we have to remove a bunch of the interior to run a line to the back which I can figure out. From the rear to the outside im not sure how to run. Or does it go into the tail gate and go into the OEM spot I wonder.

General install thread would go a long way for the forum and future users.

I looked at the wiring diagram on their website it was a bit confusing. Do we have supply a separate power line from a tail light. I hate tapping into wires. I'm looking for a cleaner way to install if possible.

Im assuming we have to remove a bunch of the interior to run a line to the back which I can figure out. From the rear to the outside im not sure how to run. Or does it go into the tail gate and go into the OEM spot I wonder.

General install thread would go a long way for the forum and future users.

I won't get to it this weekend, but I'll keep that in mind for when I install it. Probably early next week.

I won't be able to answer the OEM question—I don't have those parts to reference or work from.

Im assuming we have to remove a bunch of the interior

I won't get to it this weekend, but I'll keep that in mind for when I install it. Probably early next week.

I won't be able to answer the OEM question—I don't have those parts to reference or work from.
Thanks!

Does anyone know how long shipping takes?

Think it was about 10 days for mine, maybe a day or two more?

What unit did you all end up going with. Storage and RAM size? Still curious about all my other questions from before but hopefully youtube will answer those when I can get on my own network.

Price isn't that bad and I'd be worth the risk of not being able to return it just to have something to replace that old nav screen.

What unit did you all end up going with. Storage and RAM size? Still curious about all my other questions from before but hopefully youtube will answer those when I can get on my own network.

Price isn't that bad and I'd be worth the risk of not being able to return it just to have something to replace that old nav screen.

Max for RAM and storage, if you're asking me. It wouldn't take very many apps at all to blast through 32GB, and I have no patience for slow computers. I got it to replace the Grom VLine VL2, and the truck feels like it jumped two decades.

The only of your other questions that I can answer is that yes, the steering wheel controls still do work. None of the other features were included in a 2003 (backup cam, TPMS, etc.), so I don't have any answers there.

The only loss of functionality is the loss of that small screen above the tape deck that read out OAT. Annoying to not have it, but not as annoying as the stock screen 20 years on.

Hey! This is really cool! I've been hoping for something like this for a while now. I'm going to add to the barrage of questions...

Can you add apps via google play? For example, would I be able to download the Alltrails or Gaia apps and run those?

Thanks for all the info! You should be getting a kickback from T'eyes!

You can absolutely add apps through Google Play.

Curious about this 360 camera system they have... Never thought about it for my 100 series but for $122 that doesn't sound terrible. Was going to buy the aftermarket RV camera for the trunk but for about double the money I could have 360 views. Anyone else look into the option? Definitely going to be going with the OB2 port. Saves me from installing a scangauge.

I bought one new model which is 2k screen , I got big trouble to install it

9B1E788B-8825-48E1-89F0-6B3FBFF35FDA.jpeg

I would have to upload to YouTube it won’t let me post vids but here’s it with carplay working… when I get a chance I’ll upload a vid… I used the existing wiring no modification needed but prepared to be confused a lil a bunch of harnesses didn’t plug into anything
View attachment 2970221

View attachment 2970220
My model is not listed on the display to set up controls. I have 2006 LX470. Any advice/help please?!

My model is not listed on the display to set up controls. I have 2006 LX470. Any advice/help please?!

Earlier in this thread there was a post saying they dont support the 2006+ models.

Have you tried the other years available? I don’t have one but selfishly want it to work on a 2006 so I can get one.

The Phoenix PX6 works on the 2006 LX so we know it is possible, potentially some more software development is needed. I’d think that if it doesn’t work the TEYES site would know by now and have a comment of some type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom