LX vs LC and the answer is... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great pick up, love the color.

Congrats! We were lucky enough to find our 06 LX a mile away from our house! Love it so far!
You beat me @LRscorned as I thought I did pretty good finding my garage kept two owner '05 LX within 7 miles of our house. :cool:

For tires I like Falken AT3Ws. I've heard mixed things about the KO2s.
Agreed here too @Lazarus556 I had great experiences with the Wild Peaks on my Excursion and threw a set on our FJ Cruiser that have been super thus far too. Was fortunate enough to snare a set of Falkens on Rock Warriors from Ryan, here on the site, and anxiously await some Slee hub-centric spacers for the fronts so we can get them in service.

Wow, that's a hell of a deal on an 06. Everything I've seen on the west coast is closer to $20k.

Howdy from Peachtree City (Fayette County)!

Wow, that's a hell of a deal on an 06. Everything I've seen on the west coast is closer to $20k.
The seller didn't know what he was selling. The car was posted in the morning and I put the deal together on the phone and transferred the deposit within an hour of the posting.

He had 15 other offers that day and realized he underpriced the car. But that's why I had the deposit in place.

Sup fellow Atlantan!

Are there any GA goop meetups?
Yeah but I haven’t made any yet myself. Head over to the Clubhouse and you’ll see a few groups for GA.

BTW the proper nomenclature is Asian American.

Dig that color.

Yokohama Geolandar G015 have been good on mine (mostly highway use) but sees some off-road.

Tire Geolander GO15.png
AHC2a.jpg

Good pick up!! Not sure how many of us there are in Atlanta but there are TONS of dudes out in the burbs like you and diggity. KO2’s are the way to go. Don’t waste your time with speaker foam, buy new.

Congrats on the Rig, I have an 03 LX and slowly but surely completed the mods to fit my needs.
Quick list that worked well for me:
-Speakers were shot so I ordered a full kit from SIMPLY SPEAKERS (less than $100), easy to refoam each speaker because the factory stereo with amp in an LX is pretty darn good but keep in mind I am partially deaf in one ear so superior sound quality is not high on my priority list, easy listening is and factory is okay (I didnt feel like modifying my speaker mounts at the time). Factory radio with Grom adapater for bluetooth phone and playing my music (about $150)
-Tires, no complaints about the K02s, great tire. I chose to be a little different and rocked between the Falken and Cooper. I opted for the Cooper Evolution MT (I know, louder and no warranty) but they look cool, they are 33.3" tall and fit in my wheel well without mucking up my mileage and most of all they fit the factory rims because I wanted more of a "pizza cutter" than a wide track. They are fine on road, wonderful in the rain and great on the trails (i truly avoid mud) and my application is about 90 percent road with hunting and fishing taking me off road the rest of the time. Coopers can be easy on the wallet and remember, a LX has a better sound deadening package so feel free to get a louder tire.
-I removed the AHC and switch to OME Medium (TBars, Springs and Shocks), ride is fine and lift was about 2" so my factory alignment still works well and I did not have to replace UCA's (I did replace all balljoints with Sankei 555, yes the uppers too, realy easy).
-Finally, I am astounded at your gas mileage, savor that if it is accurate. My engine is an older model and yours probably has the VVTI so +15 mpg is awesome (be careful, wide or too tall tires can alter that, IMHO).
Again, congrats and it looks great!

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with our ‘06 gas mileage. This is one day of city errand driving, up to 10,700’ from Denver, two days of mountain driving and then back to Denver. Almost 17 mpg over ~180 miles.
EF92D06A-A6A6-45B7-AFF1-059E2D1B2BC5.jpeg

Congrats on the Rig, I have an 03 LX and slowly but surely completed the mods to fit my needs.
Quick list that worked well for me:
-Speakers were shot so I ordered a full kit from SIMPLY SPEAKERS (less than $100), easy to refoam each speaker because the factory stereo with amp in an LX is pretty darn good but keep in mind I am partially deaf in one ear so superior sound quality is not high on my priority list, easy listening is and factory is okay (I didnt feel like modifying my speaker mounts at the time). Factory radio with Grom adapater for bluetooth phone and playing my music (about $150)
-Tires, no complaints about the K02s, great tire. I chose to be a little different and rocked between the Falken and Cooper. I opted for the Cooper Evolution MT (I know, louder and no warranty) but they look cool, they are 33.3" tall and fit in my wheel well without mucking up my mileage and most of all they fit the factory rims because I wanted more of a "pizza cutter" than a wide track. They are fine on road, wonderful in the rain and great on the trails (i truly avoid mud) and my application is about 90 percent road with hunting and fishing taking me off road the rest of the time. Coopers can be easy on the wallet and remember, a LX has a better sound deadening package so feel free to get a louder tire.
-I removed the AHC and switch to OME Medium Springs and Shocks with Sway Away Torsion bars), ride is fine and lift was about 2" so my factory alignment still works well and I did not have to replace UCA's (I did replace allll balljoints with Sankei 555, yes the uppers too, fairly easy).
-Finally, I am astounded at your gas mileage, savor that if it is accurate. My engine is an older model and yours probably has the VVTI so +15 mpg is awesome (be careful, wide or too tall tires can alter that, IMHO).
Again, congrats and it looks great!
Update.

Cooper were good tires and reasonably priced but my son put Nittos on his, which are 16"and he has a much quieter ride (when the Coopers wear out I will switch to Nitto).
I needed to correct, I used Sway Away Torsion bars but at the time there were delays on OME, which is why I opted for Sway Away (heck that was a long time before the supply chain issues, I would gladly use ome or sway away). Ball Joints are fine after many, many miles with no issues and tires are wearing fine with no bump steer. FYI, I did Toyota axles, seals, bearings and diff drop as well as diff bushings and while it sees more pavement than dirt, it is ready for anything I want to toss at it.....

And part of my small complaint is the talk about the build but no follow up to ensure it works, or share issues, hence the reason for the post and I have included a walk around video.

LX Front.jpg

LX Left.PNG

LX Rear Burned Deck Lid.jpg

LX Rear.jpg

LX Right.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom