LX turn light cover makeshift replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hiya, apologies if this is a general question but I'm new to car ownership and not sure if there's anything specific to my LX I should be aware of...

I was driving on the interstate and at some point the passenger side turn light cover on my 1999 LX 470 flew off.
PXL_20220518_220348798.jpg
PXL_20220518_220354075.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm on a cross country road trip with about 1500 miles left. Currently in Cheyenne, Wyoming so there aren't any Lexus dealers nearby. Also called up like 3 dealers in Utah (next stop is SLC) and none of them have the part in stock, and I'll hopefully be at my final destination by the time the part arrives.

Any makeshift bulb/cover recommendations in the meantime? I was thinking of getting an orange bulb from an auto parts store and maybe covering it with cling wrap, but I don't know if that would protect from a pebble or something at 70 mph.

Screenshot_20220518-185634.png

Long term, I'm planning on ordering one of these from eBay for like $70. Any reason not to?

This is just a side market light for the LX470. The actual turn signal is in the front bumper. I would just leave it as it is and finish the trip. Once you are home you can search here (or eBay) for cheap replacements. You will need to replace the entire corner lamp (really easy 2 min job with a simple Philips screwdriver)

This is just a side market light for the LX470. The actual turn signal is in the front bumper. I would just leave it as it is and finish the trip. Once you are home you can search here (or eBay) for cheap replacements. You will need to replace the entire corner lamp (really easy 2 min job with a simple Philips screwdriver)

Yeah I realized that this morning, no idea why I thought it was a turn signal. Now I'm embarrassed lmao

Ended up just taping it up and that seems to have done the job so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom