LX bumper repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought this LX last month. It’s pretty clean but the driver side rear bumper cap was cracked and crooked. Got an OE one from cruiser parts but after taking off the old one I think I need to replace a couple more parts under the cap. I don’t know what these parts are called or if they’re even available separate from the metal bumper skeleton. Any help is greatly appreciated or advice for aftermarket bumpers that won’t break the bank. I sent an email to AVID about their rear bumpers so may be going in that direction. It might be too cost prohibitive to get this thing back to stock… I’m already in a couple hundred for the bumper cap from cruiser parts. On a side note, I would like to build this thing out eventually but wanted to daily drive it for a while before sinking more money into it. TIA!
9AEC1EE9-D4C8-4FA4-9CD2-BC613566D489.jpeg

6499778B-F831-4680-9C28-72613B134859.jpeg
D41D3D0F-E1E8-413C-A483-CE1FFDD82C57.jpeg
928C103E-7E58-4D1A-80CC-AB8ACA56FAF9.jpeg

That’s just a bolt-on bumper cover reinforcement. Can probably get one cheap from a junkyard.

drive it for a while before sinking more money into it. TIA!
Haha! I think I had my 80 for a whole month before I bought the Slee Shortbus, then a winch, then lights, then,...

Enjoy every bit of it. Front and rear armor gives great peace of mind when driving in traffic. I don't even care who's tailgating me anymore! I can't stop fast, and if they're paying attention, my 80 isn't going to suffer the brunt of the damage.

good used parts can be had from @arcteryx here on MUD, just sayin' - solid vendor

if it was me, I would just put a nice-looking bumper corner over it and drive it

or, if you are asking for rationalizations why to buy a beefier rear bumper, yeah sure you need that :cheers: - (notwithstanding how little mangleage you have on your existing bumper ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom