LT1 Gen V conversion into 100 series Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Has anyone successfully performed a LT1 Gen V conversion into a LC100?

What parts were they using to get this build completed?

Thank you

DB7DCDF7-6D49-44F9-9FDE-7A5F9E2EB88F.gif

If anyone can do it, it'll be you guys down under. It seems like there are tons of LS/LT-swapped 80 series trucks down there, so perhaps the 100 series wouldn't be that much more difficult (this is my ignorance talking).

Hi,

Has anyone successfully performed a LT1 Gen V conversion into a LC100?

What parts were they using to get this build completed?

Thank you
LS1/2/3 and LSAs have been installed into Landcruisers before however are still not great on fuel economy.

LT1 is more efficient with direct injection.

Overtaking would be less of an issue and less issues with overall range.

If anyone can do it, it'll be you guys down under. It seems like there are tons of LS/LT-swapped 80 series trucks down there, so perhaps the 100 series wouldn't be that much more difficult (this is my ignorance talking).
Unfortunately I am coming up short in finding anyone who has completed this conversion.

Mark's Adapters has still not completed a conversion for a LT1 and have stated they are working on a Nissan Patrol conversion first and may not even bother with the Landcruiser.

Conversion would be a lot easier in a kit.

May have to be a custom install which would be slow and painful.

There's a long thread in LCool (Australian LC owners) with an LS1 conversion into a solid axle 105 - however no one seems to have done the IFS 100 LS/LT swap. One poster asked your question, and the consensus was:

"Why swap an LS in when it's almost certainly going to be cheaper to power up the 2UZ by supercharging?"

I have yet to see a swap on this forum for the 100 series. I believe a guy did a duramax swap back in the day.

Depends how much $$ you want to throw at it. People don’t engine swap these rigs in USA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom