LSPV install – aligning plastic slot for rod? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Polo

SILVER Star
Threads
The LSPV on my ’96 USA-spec was dripping and I figured I’d install a replacement, not delete.

I got everything but the rod bolted back together only find that the blueish plastic forks that form a slot for the rod are at a different angle than the old one. See photo.

Do I have the wrong part? Or do I dis-assemble the new part to change the angle? The assembly is VERY tightly put together. I cracked open the big crown nut on the old LSPV (with difficulty) and still couldn’t figure out how to rotate the plastic forks/rod slot.

Any guidance from you brake experts greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1690669489417.png

Yes! That worked... I had previously tried to rotate it but I was too chicken to apply adequate force. Didn't want to break the expensive part.

Thanks for the quick response. Now I just gotta bleed the system.

Polo

I had to do the same thing. Only difference was after struggling with the corroded mounting bolts and breaking one off I had no patience left and just crammed a wrench in the slot and twisted it without regard or finesse.

not sure it matters but I slip under my 80 and undo one end of the rod before I put it on a lift and let the axles go full droop. I have a 2.5" lift and noticed my old one start leaking after installing the lift.

I posted about this in my thread below where I did a full brake system rebuild:

Long story short, there's a snap ring in the bottom you're supposed to remove to rotate the fork without putting stress on it. I give pictures in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom