LS in tank pump question 87 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve spent an hour searching, but I did not fins a definite answer. I’m looking to put an in tank pump for my 87 FJ60 with a 5.3 LS. Is there an pump that is direct fit in the tank, or do I have to cut a new hole. My external pump is working fine, and quiet, but I just wanted to upgrade if not very difficult.

If you had a fuel tank from an fj62 you could remove the stock toyota pump and replace it with the stock gm in tank pump. There may be a little different in size but it should be relatively simple. You would have to use the toyota fuel tank flange and pump bracket assy. and just swap the pump itself.

I ended up welding a flange inside mine but Ive heard Holley makes a drop in kit that supposedly does not require welding, just cutting and drilling

Can use a tank inc fuel pump module but will have to cut a hole in the fj60 tank... or if you get a fj62 tank i make an adapter ring that fots the tank and the tanks inc fuel pump module bolts to that .
Tommy

Fj62 tanks are NLA I believe, demand on used ones has skyrocketed ( and, consequently, the prices) for the exact reason you’re considering. @FJ60Cam sells in tank kits for FJ60s

Fj62 tanks are NLA I believe, demand on used ones has skyrocketed ( and, consequently, the prices) for the exact reason you’re considering. @FJ60Cam sells in tank kits for FJ60s

You will need to cut a hole in your factory tank to use this. No problem with doing this yourself not really an option for me for customers i don't want to be liable for cutting or modifying their tank on my own junk yes.
Tommy

Thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom