Lower Tailgate Handle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This information may seem trivial to some, but I figured I would pass it along just the same.
I broke the plastic release handle for the lower tailgate. I just wanted to drop a note stating that Toyota redesigned the screw that joins the handle to the stud. The original was a countersunk type that almost appeared to have acted as a wedge and cracked the original handle. The redesigned screw has a flat ridge on the underside so as to not apply any outward force on the circular handle opening.
P/N:
- Handle, Back Door, L 69212-60030 and the
-(Redesigned screw) Screw 90149-50064.

Do you have a part # for the upper tailgate handle? i bought my lx a year ago and it was missing.

My handle was cracked and I purchased a new one recently to replace it. Thanks for the info!

Russell

The exterior release handle on the upper tail gate

I've circled the part in question - but I don't have access to the P/N. If you bring this diagram to your local dealer and point it out for them, you should be able to get it - the part should be around $15.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh... Thank you!

The part number doesn't really matter.

The early number that uses the countersunk screw has been replaced by the later version. There is a set substitution that tells the dealer that a new screw is required.

If your dealer has all his s*** in one sock you will get the proper screw as well.

D-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom