Lower Tailgate Handle

Nomis

This information may seem trivial to some, but I figured I would pass it along just the same.
I broke the plastic release handle for the lower tailgate. I just wanted to drop a note stating that Toyota redesigned the screw that joins the handle to the stud. The original was a countersunk type that almost appeared to have acted as a wedge and cracked the original handle. The redesigned screw has a flat ridge on the underside so as to not apply any outward force on the circular handle opening.
P/N:
- Handle, Back Door, L 69212-60030 and the
-(Redesigned screw) Screw 90149-50064.

MLX450

Do you have a part # for the upper tailgate handle? i bought my lx a year ago and it was missing.

Nomis

MLX450 said:
Do you have a part # for the upper tailgate handle? i bought my lx a year ago and it was missing.
Are you referring to the interior handle or the exterior release handle? Cdan may a P/N handy.

PACNW96

My handle was cracked and I purchased a new one recently to replace it. Thanks for the info!

Russell

Nomis

I've circled the part in question - but I don't have access to the P/N. If you bring this diagram to your local dealer and point it out for them, you should be able to get it - the part should be around $15.

Last edited:

Nomis

MLX450 said:
Ahhhhh... Thank you!
Sure thing. Do us a favor though - when you get it please post the P/N for others who are searching for it in the future. Thanks.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
The part number doesn't really matter.

The early number that uses the countersunk screw has been replaced by the later version. There is a set substitution that tells the dealer that a new screw is required.

If your dealer has all his s*** in one sock you will get the proper screw as well.

D-

Top Bottom