Low profile rack between factory rails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been contemplating a way to mount a low profile rack that would mount between the factory rails using much like the factory cross bars do, looks like it would be about 44" wide and could go to about 48-52" long and still be somewhat hidden. I haven't seen anything exactly like this done in my searches, anyone aware of such a thing? It would be more light duty than what most folks are doing but I think would still be very useful.

only one I have ever seen that uses stock rails.

Landcruiser 100 Series Roof Rack: Toyota LandCruiser 100 Series Roof Rack

100series_rack1.jpg

Subscribed.
It says factory rails, but my rails don't have that groove on the inside. On this pic it looks like the bars are fastened in a gap or groove that runs the whole length of the rails.

Yakima basketcase.

Huh, never seen factory rails with no groove on the inside but may be due to the market your in. Both our LC and LX have the groves in them so you can adjust the stock bars back and forth also.

Or you could source a couple extra stock cross bars and approximate that density worth of bars? What are you trying to carry?

Or you could source a couple extra stock cross bars and approximate that density worth of bars? What are you trying to carry?

I was thinking about doing just that. I just want some extra support for my Thule box. Any body have a couple to get rid of in the Seattle area?

I have one of those rocky road racks,it fits the stock rails, but does have wind noise, I changed mine taking out the top adjustment screw and replacing with flush Allen screws. One of the design benefits is the ability to mount a spare tire. It will do a great job at supporting the Thule box I use mine to mount my Yakima Skybox
joshualand1sm_zps0e4df28d.jpg

It was an African Outback/Big Country product. No vendors in the US. Not even sure if the company is still in business.

Try calling Frontrunner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom