Low, lopey idle after long trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took my cruiser on a trip to VT to get away for a while. Drank some beer, hiked a lot and tore up some mountain bike trails. Truck ran great, 1200 miles without issue until I got home yesterday. Started with a lopey low idle and would stumble hard on acceleration until about 2500 then woke up and ran fine until I stopped again. Then cycle would start again. Pulled codes 12, 25, 26. In the last 1500 miles or so, I did plugs, cap, rotor, O2 sensors and NGK wires. Like most of us, I'm on limited time and need to get this figured out asap. I didn't notice any missing/disconnected/broken vacuum lines.
IMG_20200805_113919.jpg
Any suggestions where to start?

Pulled and "plugged" the hose from the pair system to the air cleaner and that did nothing. Got that idea from one of the multiple threads on this issue.

Thanks in advance

My codes 25 and 26 were due to old o2 sensors, did you get ntk sensors? How does the wiring and the connection for the sensor look, no corrosion or water?

Did you change altitude drastically? The ECU "learns" air/fuel ratios relatively slowly. When my 94 was delivered from Arkansas to Colorado, it stumbled and ran poorly until I cycled the ignition about half a dozen times, driving for 15-20 minutes on each start to give the ECU some new data about the new elevation it was at. It figured it out eventually.

My codes 25 and 26 were due to old o2 sensors, did you get ntk sensors? How does the wiring and the connection for the sensor look, no corrosion or water?
I did get the ntk sensors. I'll check out the connections

Did you change altitude drastically? The ECU "learns" air/fuel ratios relatively slowly. When my 94 was delivered from Arkansas to Colorado, it stumbled and ran poorly until I cycled the ignition about half a dozen times, driving for 15-20 minutes on each start to give the ECU some new data about the new elevation it was at. It figured it out eventually.
Interesting. Highly doubt that. If anything, itd be a couple thousand feet at most.

Disconnected and sprayed the O2 sensor connectors with wire drier, let it dry and reconnected them. Works like a charm. There was a little dust in the connectors but no major water. On my German cars in the past, the O2 sensor plugs came pre-filled with dielectric grease. These were dry. Should I use the grease?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom