Low beams went kaput (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys and Gals,

Having an issue with my low beams. 96 with depo headlights and the rally lights wiring harness. Turn on the low beams and nothing works but the high beams do work. Checked all the fuses and they are fine.

The rally lights harness has 2 inline fuses. Pulled out the multimeter and 1 fuse going to the high beams shows 12v but the low beams registers nothing.

Doubt the inline fuse socket has failed. But picked up a new inline fuse from autozone and will see if that fixes the issue.

My guess it is the headlight switch.

Has anyone had experience with the switch failing?

Are OEM switches available? Found an aftermarket online but would prefer OEM.

Any help would be appreciated.

J

Did they work previously or is this a new install?

No they worked for years. Finished a long road trip and stopped working when we got home.

On a trail in Idaho, I noticed the low beams flickering over bumps. Whick make me think it is more mechanical than electrical. Thus a switch failure.

check the connection at the stock head light plug. The relays in the harness are triggered by the trucks setup. So when you turn on the head lights instead of turning on a lamp you actually turn on a replay which in turns supplies the actual head lights with the high amp power through those fuses.

check the connection at the stock head light plug. The relays in the harness are triggered by the trucks setup. So when you turn on the head lights instead of turning on a lamp you actually turn on a replay which in turns supplies the actual head lights with the high amp power through those fuses.
Went and checked the stock headlight plug and it looks good. I also removed all 3 relays and tested with a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom