Lost power while driving, won’t start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, my 2000 LX lost power while driving. The power was flickering on an old battery. I replaced it with a new battery but still can’t start.
It gives a good crank but can’t start.

What are the possible issues?
Thanks for your help

Thank you so much Medtro,
Follow your guidance, i was able to identify the blown efi fuse. It's late, and i could not find my fuse box somewhere in the house so will have to do it tomorrow. It is at the shop at the moment. This morning i had to call tow at 6am since i was stuck on my way to fishing, and felt bad for the truck driver (don't worry, i tipped him well :)

So for now, can i just replace the 20A fuse, and get your kit to install it later? This is a huge safety issue as i was driving around 4am and this happened.
I'll email you for the kit.
thanks
hskb

52270944416_4e8ff45e14_h.jpg

52271208689_253da80004_h.jpg

52271208649_ef61f6290a_h.jpg

still with the shop, first diagnostics: fuel pump ok, but NO spark. still trying to figure out.

^^^^^ @hskb highly advise you listen to this guy.

i shop called again: new fuse inserted, and the key still persists.

i asked him to try the jumper, but he advise against it.

he can't scan it since there is NO communication.
he is doing the computer reset now.

Bingo !
The jumper method from medtro's writeup works like a champ !!! Thank you so much. Hopefully the kit i ordered from you earlier this morning coming soon.

Thanks BullElk and medtro for encouraging me to do it. At first, i didn't want to do it in respect for the shop since I've parked my LX in his shop for over 24 hours, but thinking of either rebuilding the computer, or buying a new one made me decide to do it :)

The shop didn't want any compensation, but i paid them anyway for their time.

The truck is grounded for now until the kit comes :)
Again, i would like to thank Medtro for his work, and thanks this forum and its members for all the help.

This post should be sticky :)

Is this an issue with certain years or with all 100 series?
Not sure but I have personally had the immobilizer issue on both of my 2000s but not on the '99, '04 or '06 and all have over 300k miles. Perhaps Toyota corrected the issue after around 2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom