EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This bypass kit bypasses the bad EFI relay circuit in the fuse box so that the immobilizer system gets adequate power supply for starting the car. I made this for myself after my new 30A replacement fuse - initial fix for crank but not start problem, failed to start after 4 days. Some members have showed interest in the kit and asked me to sell this kit.

This bypass kit is for you if:
  • You are told a new fuse box 82720-60023 will fix your intermittent starting problem but you don't want to spend $460 just for the part alone
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you replaced the 20A EFI fuse with 30A fuse or paper clip
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you have been tapping or removing/replacing relays and fuses in the fuse box
  • You want to have this kit in your glove compartment in case you run into this crank and non starting problem
This kit is 100% plug and play, no need to splice any wires.

Kit comes with relay, two fuses (one for spare) and installation instructions. $82 shipped to 48 states. PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

Different Tyco relay (with same capabilities) and fuse holder are used in the kit since the following picture is taken. The kit you will be getting will not look identical as shown in picture below.

View attachment 1330817

Hi,

I have an exactly the same issue and I would love to get this kit. Please reply to me.

Ken Nakamura
2001 LX470
Shipping to: Encino, California 91436

Let me know how to send money and shipping cost.

Thanks!

This bypass kit bypasses the bad EFI relay circuit in the fuse box so that the immobilizer system gets adequate power supply for starting the car. I made this for myself after my new 30A replacement fuse - initial fix for crank but not start problem, failed to start after 4 days. Some members have showed interest in the kit and asked me to sell this kit.

This bypass kit is for you if:
  • You are told a new fuse box 82720-60023 will fix your intermittent starting problem but you don't want to spend $460 just for the part alone
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you replaced the 20A EFI fuse with 30A fuse or paper clip
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you have been tapping or removing/replacing relays and fuses in the fuse box
  • You want to have this kit in your glove compartment in case you run into this crank and non starting problem
This kit is 100% plug and play, no need to splice any wires.

Kit comes with relay, two fuses (one for spare) and installation instructions. $82 shipped to 48 states. PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

Different Tyco relay (with same capabilities) and fuse holder are used in the kit since the following picture is taken. The kit you will be getting will not look identical as shown in picture below.

View attachment 1330817

@medtro, not only has a great kit but he also took the time to help me figure out another way to route the connection to the efi fuse because mine was not making proper contact.
Than you so much for your help.
Whenever you are in Austin let me know, lunch is on me.

A.J

@medtro does this work on a '97 Lexus LS400 with the 1UZ?

I don't know. It will work if it suffers the same problem and uses the same EFI relay or similar size relay. It can be made (with changes) to work if the relay is different. Unfortunately I don't have access to LS400 to give you a better answer.

This sounds like what I need. I have cleaned the EFI relay and that used to work but didn't today. Is there any diagnosis that I should do to verify that this will solve my issue?

Thanks!

Hello, I would like a
EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for 1997 LC
as well. please send payment info,

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
This sounds like what I need. I have cleaned the EFI relay and that used to work but didn't today. Is there any diagnosis that I should do to verify that this will solve my issue?

Thanks!

Connect a wire from battery 12V post to the F terminal (see picture below), then try to start the engine. This kit will not help if the engine doesn't start with the above wire connection (assuming the battery is fully charged). This is the kit you need if the engine starts.

fusebox1-jpg.1311409

@medtro My 99 LX blew the 20A EFI fuse and exhibited these symptoms. Replaced the fuse and it started. Should I just drive it and see, or does this always mean I'll eventually need one your kits? I'll get one to have on standby. Thanks.

@medtro My 99 LX blew the 20A EFI fuse and exhibited these symptoms. Replaced the fuse and it started. Should I just drive it and see, or does this always mean I'll eventually need one your kits? I'll get one to have on standby. Thanks.

You will need to address the blowing fuse issue if it keeps happening. This kit will not solve that issue for you. You may eventually need this kit due to the problem in the fuse box, but not due to the blowing fuse issue.

You will need to address the blowing fuse issue if it keeps happening. This kit will not solve that issue for you. You may eventually need this kit due to the problem in the fuse box, but not due to the blowing fuse issue.
OK thanks for the advice. Have a good one.

Looks like I will be needing one of these

Posting this in case it helps someone else. I found the issue - a wire to the oxygen sensor had dropped down on the front driveshaft, wore through the insulation and shorted out. That was causing the fuse to blow. Tape and zip tie fixed it.

Connect a wire from battery 12V post to the F terminal (see picture below), then try to start the engine. This kit will not help if the engine doesn't start with the above wire connection (assuming the battery is fully charged). This is the kit you need if the engine starts.

fusebox1-jpg.1311409
are we connecting this to the negative or positive post of the battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom