Loose linkage? 4-wheel dr. shifter. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rig is a '65 fj40, with a 350, automatic trans. and a fj40 transfer case with lockers front and rear. My question is--? How do I get all the play out of the transfercase linkage , I have looked ther is no adjustment on any of the linkage rods. I tried taking some of the play out by inserting washers to shim it up but then it would jump out of high gear. Sometimes I have to crawl under because it gets stuck between gears, between 4-lo, and 4-high and 2-high. It looks as if someone may have lengthened one rod by splicing in a piece to make it longer. In 4-high it has no fore and aft play, but about 4" of side to side play. Each gear has its own ecentrics. What should I do? Buy all new linkage and would this fix the problem? Continue to crawl under vehicle, or new linkage and would this fix the problem? I have to go to bed now, will check messages tomorrow after work. Any and all advice appreciated. KyH

Reactions: LCQ
I do not know of any adjustment to tighten the linkages, if it is the linkages, it means the pins and holes are worn. 2 options, buy new linkages, or take them off, weld up the holes and re-drill them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom